Lamb (MUBI) Movie Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Thanks for the review! I've been intrigued by this one for a while. :)

So this sounds like it's not a "straight up horror" but how creepy/intense/unnerving would you say it is? I realise that that's a subjective question but I'm just wondering if this is one for me to watch on my own, or whether it'd be a film my wife would be comfortable seeing too. If it's more odd than ominous it might be okay...

Or is it a case of "Ewe've gotta be @#$%&£ kidding..."?

So this sounds like it's not a "straight up horror" but how creepy/intense/unnerving would you say it is? I realise that that's a subjective question but I'm just wondering if this is one for me to watch on my own, or whether it'd be a film my wife would be comfortable seeing too. If it's more odd than ominous it might be okay...

It's not creepy, intense or unnerving ... it's just batshi^ crazy ... with an awful ending.

It's VERY odd. I don't think you have to watch this puppy alone but, that said, some people just may not want to watch a film about a half-sheep-half-human kid being raised as a baby (it is a creepy idea). And as you can tell from @moraghan's comment, you may get to the end and just be disappointed, so taking someone along for that ride may not be advisable. I'd be very interested to hear back whether anybody actually did LOVE this film, as it's a proper festival darling and critics are going nuts for it.

^
I did made my top 5 films of 2021
Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 09.56.45.png

I thought was not scary but really funny and worth a watch because completely bonkers. Do not agree with the high acclaim but a 6 would be my score also.

I really enjoyed this as something quirky/different to watch on a lazy day.
It's not a horror in the true sense, although it has a thematic running through that may disturb the wooly-minded.
It has to be pondered, whether Mary Beard's Forgotten Art episode with the eyebrow raising Pan and the Goat was inspired by this?
6/10 feels like a score that dropped a stitch or two.

When Mother & Babadook are mentioned in the first sentence of a review, I just know its a film I have to check out!

Watched it a couple of months ago and if you avoid all media about it which I did, it likes bloody hell... I loved it.

Not scary at all just a bit quirky I thought.. 7/10

Did you ever find out who the father was????
Probably Welsh...
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom