• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Laggy 3G

waring192

Prominent Member
Just gone back to a old 3g while waiting for the new one on the 24th. Ive noticed that its very slow at browsing and some apps are very laggy (farm fenzy 2).

Is the phone on its way out or am I just not used to the 3g?

youngsyp

Distinguished Member
You'll probably find a number of your apps are leaking memory.

There's an app that you can download to show you which apps are still running (even though you think you've closed them). You can then go and close them manually.

Even if there aren't any apps running, the free memory of the phone will drop off. On my 3Gs, once freshly switched on, it would have around 160MB of free memory, with no apps running just the normal services. After a few days, that would drop to 130MB odd and drop further over time even if I didn't have any apps running. It's down to poorly developed software.

Paul

RajP

Distinguished Member
I have noticed the same on my 3G.... there are times when I just want to pick up the phone and smash it against the wall... but then comes the realisaiton of Cost and I just reboot the darn thing...:blush:

Raj

oasismark

Distinguished Member
Cannot wait to upgrade for this reason alone, never mind everything else.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom