Lagging picture?

spidermaxx

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, Got my PJ set up, and works great, as some of you may have read in my previous posts, but one thing is niggling me, when i'm watching football, (via scart, via my dvd, which then outputs it via a component connection) it sometimes seems to have "picture lag"
Now i've only noticed this in football, everything else does not seem to have this problem.
What happens is, pictures great as normal, then it'll kinda stutter abit, as it tries to keep up with the fast camera movement, then it's fine again, but it dosn't happen all the time!?!?!

Anyone else suffered from this, or heard of it, and know of any solutions?

I think it's a common issue, all that information translating into an avalanche of pixel changes... the technology can't keep up. I think a dedicated scaler will probably help, but you credit card will probably cringe...PJ

Pardon my ignorance TX100, but do you think this the PJ or the DVD that is introducing the judder? I assume the component output from spider's DVD is just effectively an interlaced pass-through. Seems odd that the PJ scaler can't keep up!

Is the DVD converting the signal to progressive scan? If it can you could try switching this on/off to see if either the deinterlacer in the dvd recorder or the projector is better for this situation.

Hiya, if i play a DVD, i DON'T have this problem, it really does only seem to happen in football broadcasts! I'm just gonna put this one down to the bitrate of the channels being poor :(

Aha, so it's the actual source material that's breaking up? So this happens on normal TV too? That being the case, there's not a lot you can do bar lobbying the broadcaster to up their bitrate!

Sky pics suck even on a normal tele if you look closely. God knows what they look like on a big screen. All this talk of jaggies / macroblocking on the DVD forum pales into insignificance when you see what Sky do...PJ :)

My brother always comments on how much better my Freeview picture is than his Sky box :)

Maybe he hasn't got the Sky box switched over to RGB!!!!!

I never have this problem with sky unless the weather is playing up.
It might be worth checking the PJ's scaler is turned off as it can have an effect, I have noticed this when IP conversion is turned on watching sports, the picture looks like slow motion, then jumps, then is okay, and this is from a DVD. The solution is to turn it back to interlaced, or the option like I have (A 3rd option) is game mode, and I'm not talking about the gamma adjustments here.
Other solution could be to get a NTL box as freeview suffers problems with the weather aswell.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom