Lagged SKY via Hauppage PVR-150

P

Pickl3d

I recently set up my first 2005 XP Media Center, however I am getting a very strange problem in that the Display via the TV card is lagged by about 6 seconds and the audio is not quite synced right.

Anyone have any clues what might be going wrong here?

I have scart to s-vid (basic composite connection).

Sky->VCR(Scart-to-svideo)->TVCard

eg. I press a channel on the Sky remote and the menu pops up like 5-6 seconds later, ouch :confused:

The PC is well specced dual core / 2 gig ram DDR2 etc, so certainly no lack of power behind it :rotfl:

nigelbb

Distinguished Member
That's the way all TV works in Media Center. It is buffered to the hard disk before being displayed. This enables all the trcik play features like pause/rewind Live TV. You have a composite connection for your video, how is the audio connected? You should take L/R audio from the digibox & connect it to the socket on the TV tuner card.

naturbo2000

Also - stop using the sky remote!

All the channels are mapped to their existing numbers, so just use (/get) an MCE remote - there's still the lag when changing channels, but it's a *lot* more useable, and MCE can keep track of what channel you're actually watching. I guarantee you'll get some failed recordings otherwise...

alfaevans

Try setting your 'Search and Scan Banner' timeout to '0' Seconds.

Should help. My Channel switching takes just under 3 seconds.

To make things easier I always change channel by using the the EPG rather than surf up and down.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom