Lag when using PC connected via HDMI

JennyJames

Hi.

I hope you are all keeping safe and well.

I have a XF9005 and a box standard windows 7 pc. When I connect it to the TV I get about 500ms lag (I can tell the delay when I type and move the mouse) but when I remove the HDMI cable from the Sony TV and connect it to my 10 year old Toshiba Regza 37xv555d, I get no lag whatsoever.

The issue is not to go with ARC nor Bravia sync (I have connected via non-ARC enabled port, and also have Bravia sync off) and I have restarted the tv multiple times. The sony tv usually defaults to "graphic" mode when it recognises the PC but I have tried other modes and all the same.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a setting I'm missing?

Thanks.

Bolosun

Have you tried changing the settings on the PC, resolution etc and see if that makes any difference?

JennyJames

Have you tried changing the settings on the PC, resolution etc and see if that makes any difference?

Yes, I even deleted and reinstalled the GPU and mouse and USB drivers but I found out too late that it's definitely not a PC problem.

Turning off A/V sync from the settings seems to have fixed it for the most part thanks to another member on this forum.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom