LAG Patch to be released with 24 hours ?

it is possible to throttle ur connection, im not sayin everyone can do it, but the newer modems have a button called 'standby'.

What we are comming back to here is not a fault with the game or the patch but people you are playing against.

Can I make a couple of obvious points. If you are playing people you dont know MAKE SURE YOU HOST. I only ever host if I am playing strangers on Pro Evo and have no problems getting games straight away. And I never have people quiting or complaining about lag.

Other option is to play people on your friends list / forum members. I really cant see what the problem is, I played about 12 games last night and there was no problem at all with any of them. I played Nabby at least three times, he hosted. There is no Lag !

Another point, of the people experiencing problems how many of you are using Wireless connections ? I can tell you having gone from a decent, properly setup 54g Wireless connection to a hardwired connection directly to my BB router the performance of XBlive has improved 10 fold.

If you are having any problems with lag and are using wireless, bin it, there is no way you are going to get as good experience on live using a secure wireless connection opposed to a hardwired one.

just had my first game in ages as client.

still a bit laggy and the controls a bit slow in responding but its an immense improvement over the mess pre-patch.ill be on a bit more now.

by the way i won that game 2-1:thumbsup:

I played 3 games on live last night and here are my thoughts :

- 1st game I was client and the lag was pretty bad. I took an early lead but ended up losing 2-1. Not the worst lad i've ever had but it was pretty ropey!

- 2nd game - played against a truley awful player (either that or he had the worst lag ever - but my comp was off and my xbox was the only thing on my connection). Anyway, I was 5 nil up at half time and he quit just as the 2nd half started.

- 3rd game - a better player but I won 8-0 easily with him as AC Milan V me as Inter Milan. He saw the game out even though he was 4-0 down at half time.

The 3 points for a quit is a great addition but the lag doesn't seem to have improved at all. At least now I can play others as host and not worry about them quitting but I can see it developing into a game where everyone just hosts! :( This will obviously kill off the online aspect of this game as you need clients for it to work.

harrisuk said:
Another point, of the people experiencing problems how many of you are using Wireless connections ? I can tell you having gone from a decent, properly setup 54g Wireless connection to a hardwired connection directly to my BB router the performance of XBlive has improved 10 fold.

I'm on a hardwired connection but the lag is still pretty ropey. :(

I think the biggest aspect of this patch for me is the way it's affected the "push to respond" time. Before, the XBox would respond as soon as I hit the button...now there's a delay. Critical when it comes down to taking set pieces or trying to save penalties.
I played yesterday as a client - my timing was that bad, the guy I was playing asked if I had lag!! There was none...but I ended up having 2 players sent off due to mistimed tackles and lost 4-1... :(

I used to get that delay before though and the lag seems pretty much the same as it always has been for me. The "Push to respond" thing has always been my bug bear with the lag. I can put up with the jerky graphics but when I push to shoot or tackle I need it to happen then, not a couple of seconds later. :(

Weird. I dont seem to get any lag, maybe its my connection, but I know people on here have faster lines than me. There are loads of things I have critisised this game for in the past, poor graphics, difficulty to score (Steep learning curve).

But lag or "Responce times" have never really been an issue, the lag certainly hasnt been since the patch. Now I have practiced a bit more I actually quite like it now, even though I rarely win.

Played Gizmo about 8 times today 4 on mine 4 on his on his, all the games where fine for me on mine no button delay etc. only one game on his server had a bit of lag, but my buttons did what i wanted when i wanted. so it seems fine to me.

Top games by the way mate the 4-3 game was class :smashin:

I'm just getting so sick of losing now for stupid things...i've just quit a game at 3-0 down after 20 minutes. I've never quit a game in my life - even being 6-0 down!!

I really am seriously thinking about ditching this pile of crap now...:(

Family Guy said:
I'm just getting so sick of losing now for stupid things...i've just quit a game at 3-0 down after 20 minutes. I've never quit a game in my life - even being 6-0 down!!

I really am seriously thinking about ditching this pile of crap now...:(

Have you played any game against any of 'us' since the patch m8? If not try a game aginst gthom or Giz, they are usally good conections

I'm not suffering from lag...well, not as much as I used to. It's the :censored: buttons not doing as they are told when they are told to do it!! I'm not very good at this game as it is...I really don't need this handicap.
This happens when I host as well now...never happened before the patch and dosen't happen on one player or when I play 2 player on the Xbox...

Update just played 4 more game on my server & the bloody button delay was there in 3 of the 4 games. one match i was 4-0 up after 17mins then the buttons started playing up just not doing it straight away drew 4-4 in the end. anyone that has played me knows if i'm 4 infront there aint no way back. :rotfl: just can't believe how long it was taking to kick it when i pressed it.

Oh well still a great game even with the live problems :rolleyes:

Button delay when your hosting!!

Never experienced that before, you let in 4 goals, time for a game methinks ;)

Only kidding I've had enough defeats racked up from you today :laugh:

Gizmo 76 said:
Button delay when your hosting!!

Never experienced that before, you let in 4 goals, time for a game methinks ;)

Only kidding I've had enough defeats racked up from you today :laugh:
I found it strange never had that before, could be that bloody ps2 converter? remeber i could'nt move left very well? Maybe the guy was away for the first 17min that's way i scored 4 so fast? :laugh:

LFC FAN - to get rid of button delay via the PS2 converter you press the analogue button once when you first boot up the xbox and the xbox logo is on the screen. :thumbsup:

gthom3 said:
LFC FAN - to get rid of button delay via the PS2 converter you press the analogue button once when you first boot up the xbox and the xbox logo is on the screen. :thumbsup:
Yeah i do that and then test the triggers on the players list to make sure they are working right. it's just sometimes it seems to stop working right in the middle of games.

Have'nt seen you online for ages must catch up for a game? :smashin:

Yeah didn't get on much at all over Christmas and have only played 3 games since the patch. We will have to have a game though as they were always pretty tight affairs! :thumbsup:

I should be able to get on the back end of this week :smashin:

Confounded :censored: patch!! I actually went a goal - playing away!!! Then the game crashed!!! :censored: :censored:
It NEVER did that before the patch... :censored: :thumbsdow

I've had the game crash and disconnect me before the release of the patch, but since i haven't had a single problem in this respect.

When I played my league game against Munkey Box (Lorenzini) the other day, the first half was like playing somebody sitting next to me, just so smooth :thumbsup:, and even the couple of reminders of being a client in the second half didn't have any negative effect on the gameplay, just the animation skipping a couple of frames.

So I still believe if you play people with a clean, un-PC affected connection then it pretty much highly playable 90% of the time. I quite often come across people that have their PC's running and it really does have and still have a major negative effect with this game. So get them PC's shut down people :lesson: :D

Finally got around to playing this online late last night, got the 'patch' clicked optimatch, found guy to play against, challenge accepted came up on screen and then nothing, just blank white screen, so i waited for a minute or so and nothing changed, so only option was to sign out and what happens when you do that, you lose the game :mad: so no games played but already 1 defeat. Not wanting to be pessimistic i tried again, found a guy to play(french) managed to play the game, won 1-0, but i didn't even see the ball go in the net, the lag was so bad throughout the entire game it was like watching one of those picture-flicker books, so lag patch my :censored: . On the upside i have hosted 2 games which played fine, no mention of lag at all from my opponent, but i did have the same settings as i did pre-patch ie no commentary, venue Orange arena etc. So it looks like it's still a case of
pc.gif
when you play Evo online.

pc.gif

Quality emote! :thumbsup: I've noticed it croping up in your recent posts.

Yes the patch has not really improved the LAG but the quitter thing is a bonus - providing your game doesnt keep crashing and giving you auto losses.

it's a good emote that one. They have a quality selection on another forum that i sometimes post on so i've been stealing them from there. Another good one, and one that is proabably relevant to this post would be this:
hijack.gif

Some of my other favorites include:
woot.gif
owned.gif
bow.gif

Oh man the lag is a nightmare.

It is so gutting that such a good game has such problems on Live. There is no way that I can seem to have a fair match against a mate. Whoever is hosting seems to get the lag-free game and usually wins.

We then swap for a couple of games, but its hardly the point.

The main problem is defending, impossible to time those challenges when the animation is a little jerky and laggy.

:( Seriously miffed with PES4

I take it there is no hope for another patch ? So many other Live ! games have no real problems like this.

Ive heard that some stadia are better than others for lag etc ? Am I right that things are improved if both players turn the commentary off and use a particular stadium ?

any hints to improve game would be great

Geordie - your right you can improve things, switch commentary off(host and challanger), host the game at the Orange Arena and before you go online start an exhibition match and turn the crowd off then proceed to kick off and quit out to the mode select menu. Myself and Giz76 played about 5 games back to back without a hint of lag with the game set up like this.

great. Thanks for the tips. I will be sure to give that whirl next time.

Is the Orange Stadium smaller and therefore less of memory burden ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom