Lag on MW2

Se777eN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why is the lag so bad on mw2 on the ps3 i have this game on the 360 and never really get lag but its awful on the ps3. Not worth playing ground war as its just a lag feast!!!

+1 why is it I'm lagging when i have 3-4 bars? i appreciate I'm connecting to the host so I'm connected to them fine and there connection is lagging?

it might be just me but i think it's getting worse, i didn't have any problem with it till that last update.

not cool:thumbsdow

I very really get any problems and i only have a 4mb connection:thumbsup:
Are you sure? Have you tried playing other games? Although if your happy enough with MW2 do not do this as it'll spoil the game and how ever much you bought it for!":thumbsup:

Are you sure? Have you tried playing other games? Although if your happy enough with MW2 do not do this as it'll spoil the game and how ever much you bought it for!":thumbsup:

I get the odd laggy game but just quit. The trick is to get in a lobby and stay there if all is well with the connection, common sense really.

I used to always play ground war butthe lag got too much to make it non playable :thumbsdow. I now only play team deathmacth and theres hardly any lag now :thumbsup:.

Also i noticed once the ping thing goes up when your searching for a game i.e. 50ms , 60 ms , 70ms etc... the higher it goes the futher the host will be so around 80ms for me was quite laggy so id think above that would be bad :D

I used to always play ground war butthe lag got too much to make it non playable :thumbsdow. I now only play team deathmacth and theres hardly any lag now :thumbsup:.

Also i noticed once the ping thing goes up when your searching for a game i.e. 50ms , 60 ms , 70ms etc... the higher it goes the futher the host will be so around 80ms for me was quite laggy so id think above that would be bad :D

Same here team deathmatch is the best game type. Tried the rest but keep coming back to this.

I have just had 1 hour on it and i bot booted out of 4 games with looking for 100 blocks crap (trying to find new host).

laaaag? I was body poppin' all over the shop like a good'un today. And still managed to catch a few knives to the face. Do not want.

I had terrible lag yesterday but the wife was on the Laptop at the same time, would this make it worse or is it just down to the host ?

Dave.

I had terrible lag yesterday but the wife was on the Laptop at the same time, would this make it worse or is it just down to the host ?

Dave.

I believe it would/does make a difference, i make sure i turn off my iMac and even the wireless on my iPhone just to make sure i get the best connection possible, as they say every little helps! :rolleyes:

If they had not used P2P and installed servers, which i am sure they could of afforded we would not be contributing to this thread. Its dire on a lot of games and makes you want to bite the controller in half.

Why is the lag so bad on mw2 on the ps3 i have this game on the 360 and never really get lag but its awful on the ps3. Not worth playing ground war as its just a lag feast!!!

finding this the complete opposite :confused:

i left the 360 where game after game was lag lag lag

moved onto ps3 and 95% of games have been fine
even played where 11 of the 12 had one red dot and host had full green bars - no lag ! and the host didnt come anywhere near top too

much preferring ps3 live to xbox live
also play pes09, lag when i played a m8 on 360, same game same m8 on ps3, yellow connections not green - no lag !

no intention of returning to 360 so far :thumbsup:

finding this the complete opposite :confused:

i left the 360 where game after game was lag lag lag

moved onto ps3 and 95% of games have been fine
even played where 11 of the 12 had one red dot and host had full green bars - no lag ! and the host didnt come anywhere near top too

much preferring ps3 live to xbox live
also play pes09, lag when i played a m8 on 360, same game same m8 on ps3, yellow connections not green - no lag !

no intention of returning to 360 so far :thumbsup:

Interesting, I would have thought that lag had nothing to do with the console, only your broadband connection and your connection to the host :confused: Does Xbox Live use the same P2P hosting as PS3 does?

Dave.

I usually have to ask the kids to turn their lap tops off when I play MW2 on line due to in game lag.

Interesting, I would have thought that lag had nothing to do with the console, only your broadband connection and your connection to the host :confused: Does Xbox Live use the same P2P hosting as PS3 does?
Yes for specific games, but from my experience there are a lot more PS3 games with Dedicated servers than the 360 especially for the 1st party games.

Xbox Live in it's core is made for P2P gaming, hence the complaints that most of the games were using P2P while MS was stating that it's key features were

"such as in-game voice chat, integrated achievements and dedicated servers."

When it's obviously not true when even first party games like Halo 3 don't use them as Bungie didn't find them a "viable" option.

I don't get too many problems usually but I was hosting a game between GNE1 and BoB's. Everything was going ok for about 5 mins then it started lagging, didn't realise my girlfriend had gone online with her laptop and iPhone :rolleyes:

However me and my son (danny_boy1996) often play together on two PS3's whilst his brother is online and don't have any problems. I'm connected via ethernet and he connects wirelessly. Oddly sometimes he gets picked as host and sometimes I do :confused:

Well the lag got worse tonight got that bad i turned it off i had about 4 games that locked on the loading screen then had to reboot. Then i got finding blocks 4 times in one game then kicked me back in the lobby then it did it again.

Pfffffffffffft

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom