• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Lady Bower, The Peak District

shotokan101

Banned
Fantastic set

plloydie

RajP

Distinguished Member
As others said... awesome shots...:thumbsup:

However, do you have the second shot without the vignetting?

Also, just out of curiosity, how close is the plughole to where you stand? Do you need permission to visit the vantage point?

Last edited:
Cheers guys, appreciate the feedback.

Just for you Raj...
Overlookingtheplugre-edit.jpg

No permission needed, its a public trail the runs right round the reservoir. I guess the 'plugholes are maybe 15-20ft from the closest vantage point and you are stood slightly above them.

Here's Google Maps view, although you can see how much the water has risen since the this satellite pic was taken the plugholes are in the dry here.

'The Plughole was taken on the left hand one and 'Overlooking the plug' on the right.
ladybowermap.jpg

edit: forgot to include the google maps pic.

Last edited:

RajP

Distinguished Member
Cheers for that Photos and info too.. I much prefer this photo..:thumbsup: .. gonna have to make a trip north of Watford... may need to get the booster jabs, car serviced etc etc to visit outside of the M25 Cordon...:eek:

Last edited:

spyder viewer

Distinguished Member
Don't just go to Ladybower: all the Derbyshire peaks are beautiful. I was in Nottingham last Tuesday, and drove up past the LB through Snake Pass down to Glossop and on to Manchester. Just stunning!

Try the beer and food in the Ladybower Inn. Just stunning!

Great shots!

eob

It's hard to think that there are two villages under this lake.
Was there not a thread on here recently about this?

RajP

Distinguished Member
Don't just go to Ladybower: all the Derbyshire peaks are beautiful. I was in Nottingham last Tuesday, and drove up past the LB through Snake Pass down to Glossop and on to Manchester. Just stunning!

Great shots!
Cheers for that.. will do...

It's hard to think that there are two villages under this lake.
Was there not a thread on here recently about this?

I read that one village was demolished but another was left as it was and at some point, one of the church towers was visible when the water level was quite low... they used explosives to knock this down worrying about water hazard... did not see this info here but on Wiki..

Great shots!

Had dinner and a real ale there on Sunday afternoon. Fantastic place with very friendly owners with top notch nosh to boot.!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom