Ladies & Gentlemen - I announce the end of the Blu Ray format...

Having in the past given my financial backing to Beetamax, CDI, Sega games consloes, Commodore 64's & Amiga's and laserdisc, I today commited to buying a Blu Ray player in the classifieds. Got a bit of a Brucie bargain - Samsung BDP1000 region A with step down for £250.
So to all you people who have a Blu Ray player and discs - I apologise...

:D

reckless

Too late. I already finished it off by buying a PS3 to go alongside my Betamax video recorder and atari and amiga computers.

But, let's not forget that while we had them, we had a lot of fun :thumbsup:

MartinH32

Don't forget DCC - digital compact cassette :eek:

MartinH32

.....and while I think about it Video 2000 - 8 hours a side video cassette

Dr Force

Distinguished Member
Lol:rotfl: :rotfl:

thanks for the warning, there was a rumour going around on the forums that you were going BR so I must admit I whent for HD DVD:rotfl:

rnicoll

Having in the past given my financial backing to Beetamax, CDI, Sega games consloes, Commodore 64's & Amiga's and laserdisc, I today commited to buying a Blu Ray player in the classifieds. Got a bit of a Brucie bargain - Samsung BDP1000 region A with step down for £250.

You bought a CD-i? Wow... I thought I was bad with my CD32... still, after three Amigas, a Dreamcast and an Atari Lynx, I'm sure my PS3 is in good company :)

Andy Leitch

You bought a CD-i? Wow... I thought I was bad with my CD32... still, after three Amigas, a Dreamcast and an Atari Lynx, I'm sure my PS3 is in good company :)

I got that beat...

Still have....
3 CD32's (one vanilla with FMV, one with SX1, other with SX32)

6 AMiGA's (A500, A500+, vanilla A1200, Towered A1200 with PowerPC/o6o/VooDoo 3, A3000 & AMiGAOne running OS4)

Pegasos II running MorphOS

2 DC's

Had a Lynx but sold it for a tenner.

Although still haven't bought into HD optical disc yet and unlikely to for the forseeable future.

mremulator

I've got a Panasonic 3DO in the cupboard. :hiya:

HugoFJH

Well looks like both formats are doomed then as I have backed both hahahaa

got about 10 BR's (PS3) and probably around 15 HD-DVD's (Toshiba HD-E1) hopefully all companies start using VC1 to encode as standard

jdslater1

:D

Well, I have just killed off both formats as I now own both:thumbsup:
I also have my laserdisc player still set-up. I still think the artwork for some of those discs where really good. I still have the Ccriterion boxes for The Rock and Se7en.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom