1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lacking bass with RME 9632 and Winamp?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Cameron, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Cameron

Cameron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there all, I have an issue which I'm hoping someone around here might know something about :)

On one of my St Germain tracks - the sound has poor bass when played through my RME 9632 (via winamp). Its like the speaker has blown or something - I'm not sure quite how to describe, but it doesn't sound nice.

When I play it through my Arcam or even on my usb headphones through Winamp it sounds like it should.

Is there some type of setting I need to set on the RME or Winamp when using the RME (connected to my A75+)?

thanks in advance

CaM

2. Madders

Madders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Have you tried any other music player software to see if it has the same result? I would suggest Foobar2000 as it's free and easy to use - you can also get an ASIO plugin for it. At least this way you'll know whether it is a card or software issue.

Cheers,

Steve

3. Cameron

Cameron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have tried Media Center as well and its the same result. Through my USB headphones it sounds fine as well.

CaM

4. Cameron

Cameron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I now think that its my madnat connection.

thanks for your time.

CaM