Question Lack of scart socket

KENP3

Standard Member
The Lack of scart socket on a lot of the televisions, 48"/50" I am looking at is annoying .
On my existing set I have a Panasonic Home theatre, that I am very happy with. and not wanting to buy a new speaker bar, Is there any way , by adapters etc that it can work on sets that do not have the scart socket

Old Bones

Scarts an analogue, and in a digital world, thats the way things are going. However, if you want to just use the old Home Cinema set, there are possibly some ways around it.

Firstly, what inputs/outputs does the old system have? And do you just want to use it for sound? If it just has a scart, and you just want it for sound, then you could use a scart adapter with RCA's (white/red) on it. Get a cheap RCA phono to 3.5mm jack cable, and put the 3.5mm jack into the TV's headphone adapter. Cheap, and should work. If its got a digital optical/coax, then you might be in luck.

To be honest, if you buying a new TV, then I'd look at the deals on offer for buying a new soundbar at the same time. Sony are currently knocking off £99 or £150 (depending on what the system says) off their 300w soundbar if you buy a x8 Sony 4K (49in plus). Since the bar costs £249, then potentially a good deal if your in the market anyway. And I know other manufacturers are doing much the same. You should get the HDMI's imputs, the wireless sub, bluetooth, etc, and there is less clutter.

Any system with just a scart on the back is getting on a bit, and there reaches a point where its worth standing back and looking at whats best in the long term.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom