Lack of SACD software in the high street

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Steve_e42, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Steve_e42

Steve_e42

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I went shopping in London yesterday, hoping to get some SACD's at Tower Records or HMV, boy was i disappointed - Tower had this pathetic display with barely a handful of discs; and HMV was little better, other than their classical department which did at least appear to have made some effort.

How on earth is this format or indeed DVD Audio going to take off if the only way to buy discs is on the web?

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    DVD-Audio has appeared in MVC, maybe SACD will too :) .

3. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    surely the problem remains that there are so few players. If it were my decision, i wouldnt stock any because they just wont sell. Players need to be cheaper and, a biggy, there needs to be the ability for pc to play the new formats in order for them to take off.

ad

4. JamesTapp

JamesTapp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On Friday I bought a brand new Sony DVPNS900V for £150 from Currys in Milton Keynes. BARGAIN!

I too went out looking for SACD disks and was very disappointed, none in the Virgin Megastore or HMV.

Chicken and the egg I think. And who is it that makes the decision to release Thriller on SACD but not the current releases. Could it be, they want us to spend our money buying albums we already own on SACD instead of new material....

James

5. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ok, i didnt realise the price was that. Sorry!

I dont know enough to really comment fully, but i do agree that a format cant take of without the software though i dont know how you could persuade people to buy it! It isnt even although the general public know what these formats are!

ad