Lack of HMDI inputs - solution?

Adam M

HI all,

I am short 1 HDMI input on my tv and was wondering if there is a decent yet simple 2 into 1 automatic hdmi switch that won't compromise quality. Ideally it will switch between a nintendo switch and an xbox series x, neither of which will ever be on at the same time.

Any advice?

kdp99

Load on Amazon for£15 and up. I have used a couple for years. Just check with the reviews how good the auto option is

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Switch - look for 'Feature' support including the signal formats you want to pass from your Souyrev device.

Auto Source Selection - is very dependent on the combination of Source, Switch, TV and any other HDMI devices connected to the TV (AVR for example), CEC is also potentially at play if you have that enabled.

Joe

kdp99

I have had manu good years service from an oppo HDMI switch, its not 4k so am about to replace it with a Ugreen 4k switch that is well reviewed. The big difference from what you want, is I use a Universal remote with marcos in, so auto switching is not important to me as I just put the IR code for the switch in to maco to change the TV input.

Adam M

Since it’s on vaguely the same subject, can anyone recommend or point me to an hdmi over cat 6 device that I can use to send the audio signal of my eARC hdmi tv input from my ground floor to my loft?

I’m not bothered about video quality as the video will be connected directly from the source to the tv, I just want to get up to an atmos signal up to the loft over cat 6.

Adam M

I suspect I need a vertex 2 combined with any half decent video sender (I had this set up previously but sold it in favour of a Sonos arc!

Am wondering if the arcana with a video sender will give me different options?

sources > TV (with eARC) > HD Fury device on eARC hdmi > hdbt sender over 20m > AVR (eARC or other hdmi)

I think I may be confusing myself as to the benefits of eARC.

main thing is I want to plug sources locally into tv but I want full atmos sound via AVR which is located 20m away in loft (speaker wires are local already). I also want option of OSD from amp for audessy set up.

Is this doable? I have multiple cat 6 already in the wall.

kdp99

Have a look here form post 21 onwards

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
@Adam M - think you are confusing everyone :)

Do you have a SONOS ARC plus an eARC enabled AVR?

Joe

Adam M

Yes, but the sonos arc is not relevant to this most recent question as it’s in a different room.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Any chance you could pull a Fibre HDMI cable or do you have to use the CAT6 cable?

Joe

Adam M

Have to use cat 6.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Your original config of the HDFury Vertex² + a suitable HDBT Extender is going to be a good option again, we have a supplied a few customers with the Vertex² + a Pulse-eight HDBT Pro Extender and that combination works well.

If you required more 'options' the HDFury Maestro TX/RX kit is worth considering.

Joe

Adam M

Thanks Joe.

I’m now gutted to find out that my tv which I thought had eARC does not. I now have to buy an arcana which is only going to be usable on one input. Might abandon using my standalone uhd player after all.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
The Arcana will not work with an AVR or Extender + AVR - it is designed/configured to work with the SONOS ARC and one or two other Soundbars.

Drop me a note if you want to go over options we could offer you.

Joe

Adam M

Sorry joe, I’m confusing you again. I need the arcana for my repurposed arc as the tv it’s now going on doesn’t have eARC.

the AVR is connecting to an LG tv that does have eARC - which is lucky really as I’ll be relying on it to feed the vertex 2.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Hisense A7G, Zidoo Z1000 & Kudos Cardea C10 Reviews + Movie News and Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom