Lack of Games/suggestions

djcla

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been looking into PC games and was hoping to find Halo 3, Virtua Tennis 2009, PGR4 but they dont seem to exist. I take it a lot of games are not written / released for the PC and 360 then?

Looking for a few games to get me started once my 360 pad arrives i like easy pick up and play stuff racing sims , fighetrs etc any suggestions? Or a good FPS that is playable with the pad and not to tough?

FPS with a pad :nono:

I don't recommend any FPS's with a pad I'm afraid ;)

Get Dirt 2, awesome with a 360 pad.

I saw Virtua Tennis in wh smith the other day going for a song.

Don't listen to him lol :D

The pad works fine for all the FPSs I play.

Battlefield bad company 2 needs xpadder though. Google it and give it a try.
Any "games for windows" will work with the 360 pad by the way.

Quite old but Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 on the PC was awesome

As always it's Half life 2 and Portal. Portal is especially good for the pad as there is not a lot of enemies so you don't need so much quick movement.

Just get the Orange box and you won't be sorry. Best value for any set of games you could ever dream of.

cheers guys might look for the orange box and a NFS game... I take it most modern game display in widescreen 1280 x 720 these days?

Another thing i installed games for windows and there does not seem to be much content only 3 pages of games :(.... next i need to integrate all this into Win 7 media centre some how...

Yep, 1280x720 will be in the options.

Most peeps buy games as downloads from steam, there's loads of games on there and they often have special offers at weekends. :thumbsup:

To create links in 7MC just use Media Centre Studio to create a custom strip, add the entry points and viola, fanny's yer aunt. :D

vmcmenumod2.jpg

Some games, like SFIV but not many others, have a pop up box before launch though and that spoils it.

cheers guys might look for the orange box and a NFS game... I take it most modern game display in widescreen 1280 x 720 these days?

Another thing i installed games for windows and there does not seem to be much content only 3 pages of games :(.... next i need to integrate all this into Win 7 media centre some how...

Hot Pursuit 2 is the only NFS game I really did enjoy.

I would really suggest getting this.

pad users are the antichrist

thanks wolvers now i need to work out what steam is lol

uuugh casual couch pototo gamers!!!!!!

How do you expect to win with that fat attitude!!!!!

HURR IM A DURRR

uuugh casual couch pototo gamers!!!!!!

How do you expect to win with that fat attitude!!!!!

HURR IM A DURRR

Have you used a Fragnstein yet? I can't understand why anyone uses keyboard with this available. Everyone knows the reason PC gamers are so much better is the mouse, and this combines the mouse with a proper movement analogue controller. Best of both worlds.

I just counted them, in an average match I use 22 keys. How does the franko thingy do this. kb is excellent for me.

lol isnt.

i fear i have started a pad vs keyb debate :rotfl:

Its not a debate, just a select few couch potatos.

Even they admit to the failing of a pad and opt for a couchpotato keyboard/mouse contraption!! :D

There is a thread for KB/M and the Fragnstein so best to do the discussion in those. In short the Fragnstein is not as versaitle as the keyboard, but with a decent mouse I am yet to find a game where I need more keys (you can programme macros into the Fragnstein to allow for combination of button presses) and the benefits on the analogue movement far outweigh the slight restrictions of the buttons.

I don't see how the fragenstein makes sofa gaming easier. It's the mouse that's awkward to find a spot for, not the KB. I can see it being mint for PS3 gaming though if it gives you mouse aiming control.

I don't see how the fragenstein makes sofa gaming easier. It's the mouse that's awkward to find a spot for, not the KB. I can see it being mint for PS3 gaming though if it gives you mouse aiming control.

Wide armed sofa. Stick a mouse mat on the arm and off you go. That's how I do it.

Wide armed sofa. Stick a mouse mat on the arm and off you go. That's how I do it.

Neat, I just need to add the cost of a new sofa on to the £60 the fragnstein costs to get the best use out of it.

I'm hardcore me :devil:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom