1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lacei 2TB Ethernet Gigabit Disk

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by meansizzler, Sep 7, 2005.

1. meansizzler

meansizzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +266
    Just saw it on the LAcie Website, it''s £1500, which is a pretty good price for a 2 Tera-Byte, Gigabit Ethernet Disk, great for storing music and movies, you can fit 600 WMV films on this @ 3GB a film, not bad at all, also has 4 * USB 2.0 ports for attaching additional storage drives...

http://www.lacie.com/uk/products/product.htm?pid=10647

2. owain_thomas

owain_thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    £1699 inc VAT

3. Xelon

Xelon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    It's basically a NAS (Network Attached Storage) device, definately not to SOHO friendly with all the industry standard protocols it supports, I bet all the HDD's are of the PATA variety as opposed to SATA, and I bet it is Very! Very! loud, meant for server rooms really, saying all that I'm sure I could make use of one.

4. rdhir

rdhir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    might not be that bad. The CPU combination could easily be a fanless miniITX job. Hard to say from the specs, but that config does come in fanless versions.

Anyway. Wonder how many drives and who by, given they are 7,200 RPM they must be 3.5" although 2TB in 1U that's quite something.

Cheers

Rajiv