Labway Xwave 1000

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by druddle, Oct 31, 2001.

1. druddle

druddle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have one of these players and was wondering if anyone else has one ??

I have it connected to a TV, but soon will be investing in a reciever/AV amp and speakers, and was wondering if anyone else has this sort of setup with the player, and how they get on.

I have seen a review that on some Labways there is bad out-of-synch sound problems. Does this happen on this player ?

Cheers

Dave

2. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,658
    As I recall, this player would have got a goot review if it weren't for the lipsync. I believe there was a CDROM firmware update available from Labway to fix the problem.
    That's as much as I know about it.

3. druddle

druddle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Found this on Home Cinema Choice website....

Labway, the folk behind the X-Wave player we reported as having lip-synch problems a couple of weeks back, have a solution for anyone with an X-Wave they believe suffers with the problem (it seems that new versions of the player may not have lip-synch troubles, but we've not been able to see a new unit to confirm this yet). If you have a CD-writer, you will be able to visit the Labway website, download the latest firmware for the player, burn it onto CD, and update the X-Wave by just popping the CD into the disc tray. Labway also claims to be planning to work with distributors in the UK by providing them with update CDs which they can supply to users.

Mailed Labway in Taiwan and Holland.....

Dave

4. druddle

druddle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have got a reply finally from the Labway Taiwan website. They sent me the firmware update I need.

You have to be using v2.5.111 firmware to get around the lip synch problem, and if you are lower than that then you can update it.

If anyone needs the update, then mail me (druddle@ntlworld.com) and i can forward it to you.

Dave