Labours ongoing anti semitism row

• Thread starter Deleted member 27989
  • Start date
Maybe Starmer should have resigned considering.

No, the fault for antisemitism lays with Corbyn and his inner circle. If Corbyn had been more ruthless he'd have sacked Starmer for going against his wishy washy stance on Brexit. If Starmer means what he says about rooting out anti semitism from the party then suspending Corbyn and losing some far left MP's from the party is likely the price he's going to have to pay. To do otherwise would be to look weak and leave himself open to attacks from the Tories. Hopefully this will draw a line under the whole sorry affair that was the Corbynship leadership of the party.

No, the fault for antisemitism lays with Corbyn and his inner circle. If Corbyn had been more ruthless he'd have sacked Starmer for going against his wishy washy stance on Brexit. If Starmer means what he says about rooting out anti semitism from the party then suspending Corbyn and losing some far left MP's from the party is likely the price he's going to have to pay. To do otherwise would be to look weak and leave himself open to attacks from the Tories. Hopefully this will draw a line under the whole sorry affair that was the Corbynship leadership of the party.

its actually a solid move by Starmer i think... shows he wont stand for it from anyone.

"One anti-Semite is one too many and we've got some in our party - but it's not that bad."

If Corbyn has someone on his team advising on PR matters, that person needs sacking.

If Corbyn is saying this off his own bat... o_O One is too many for an avowed anti-racist, so any prejudicial behaviour under his leadership is incredibly damning.

Interference in an anti-Semitism probe, harassment, lack of relevant training - to not hold Corbyn accountable is the kind wilful ignorance that Boris is currently enjoying and abusing. (The case of Boris is, for me, the more egregious given his position.)

I half-expect prejudicial behaviour and practice from the Conservatives. When it's from (Corbyn's) Labour, that sits comfortably on the left, it's one hell of a blind spot.

"One anti-Semite is one too many and we've got some in our party - but it's not that bad."

If Corbyn has someone on his team advising on PR matters, that person needs sacking.

If Corbyn is saying this off his own bat... o_O One is too many for an avowed anti-racist, so any prejudicial behaviour under his leadership is incredibly damning.

Interference in an anti-Semitism probe, harassment, lack of relevant training - to not hold Corbyn accountable is the kind wilful ignorance that Boris is currently enjoying and abusing. (The case of Boris is, for me, the more egregious given his position.)

I half-expect prejudicial behaviour and practice from the Conservatives. When it's from (Corbyn's) Labour, that sits comfortably on the left, it's one hell of a blind spot.

I'm sorry but you have taken that quote out of context, as did many others as there was a follow up statement including this:

" It’s also undeniable that a false impression has been created of the number of members accused of antisemitism, as polling shows: that is what has been overstated, not the seriousness of the problem. "

You can check the posts here: Jeremy Corbyn

Starmer might well use this to get some gain. However, he stood side by side with Corbyn while people were kicked out of the party, heard accusations of racism and some pretty horrific claims of bullying and did sweet F.A about it. He is just as guilty as the rest of them.

Sometimes keeping your mouth shut means you are just as much to blame as the perpetrators themselves, a true leader is the man who stands up against the rot and puts himself on the line to do so, coming in after the fact and saying "I am going to clean this mess up" is not enough.

What he does now with the following MPs will show how well he handles this.....

• Diane Abbott
  • Tahir Ali
  • Mike Amesbury
  • Apsana Begum
  • Richard Burgon
  • Barry Gardiner
  • Kate Hollern
  • Afzal Khan
  • Rebecca Long Bailey
  • Angela Rayner
  • Steve Reed
  • Lloyd Russell-Moyle
  • Barry Sheerman
  • Zarah Sultana
They are the list of MPs that have been truly shamed in the report.

Your move Starmer.

The support for Corbyn in Twitter is quite something else though, calling for him to start a far left group.

Yeah, that will get you somewhere.

Christ this country is full of morons.

The support for Corbyn in Twitter is quite something else though, calling for him to start a far left group.

Yeah, that will get you somewhere.

Christ this country is full of morons.

This is a mechanism I find fascinating. I call it the 'dirty mac effect.'

In the old days, if you had an... interesting... sexual fetish, it was quite the job to find a community of like minded people. It was all surreptitiously ordered mags and iregular meetups. Now, in the age of the internet, like minded individuals can form quite significant communities, all with the same interests. Crucially though, the absolute number of people with that interest hasn't really changed but, thanks to their ability to find each other, their visibility has increased.

So it is with politics. The number of full on #JC4PM cultists was never actually that high but they're noisy and highly visible. They're so noisy and visible that they convinced themselves that they existed in numbers that mattered when, just like the bloke in his mac, it's only thanks to the power of the internet that they're anything more than a blip.

Be under no illusions that it's solely the preserve of the left either. Just watch the frothing #kbf anti mask mob on the right at the moment. They're reaching a point where they think they matter. I'm going to enjoy watching it.

If Labour loose the left to form a new party and could fund themselves without unions they could be worth a vote from me next time.

Where is that quote from?
I'm sorry but you have taken that quote out of context, as did many others as there was a follow up statement including this:

" It’s also undeniable that a false impression has been created of the number of members accused of antisemitism, as polling shows: that is what has been overstated, not the seriousness of the problem. "

You can check the posts here: Jeremy Corbyn

Apologies, I should have made it clearer in my post. The text in italics is my feeling when reading Corbyn's comments.

I take your point on my misreading.

If Labour loose the left to form a new party and could fund themselves without unions they could be worth a vote from me next time.

Aye, you could be right. The Tories are, well not very Tory atm (imo). So if Labour could get closer to the centre ground, won’t be much between them! Boris is quite marmite so a lot could switch at the next election I guess.

This is a mechanism I find fascinating. I call it the 'dirty mac effect.'

In the old days, if you had an... interesting... sexual fetish, it was quite the job to find a community of like minded people. It was all surreptitiously ordered mags and iregular meetups. Now, in the age of the internet, like minded individuals can form quite significant communities, all with the same interests. Crucially though, the absolute number of people with that interest hasn't really changed but, thanks to their ability to find each other, their visibility has increased.

So it is with politics. The number of full on #JC4PM cultists was never actually that high but they're noisy and highly visible. They're so noisy and visible that they convinced themselves that they existed in numbers that mattered when, just like the bloke in his mac, it's only thanks to the power of the internet that they're anything more than a blip.

Be under no illusions that it's solely the preserve of the left either. Just watch the frothing #kbf anti mask mob on the right at the moment. They're reaching a point where they think they matter. I'm going to enjoy watching it.

Exactly.

Did you see the report the other day saying that 13% who class themselves as the progressive left, are utterly dominant on social media.

They are very vocal, unable to listen to others opinions and vilify those who do have a different view on things, shutting down all discussion and therefore simply not getting the fact they are the minority.

That is the reason why they are always so shocked.

What Brexit??!! How?
Err, 99% of all polls before hand said this, but you chose to keep running with the 1% that showed remain for the win.

Trump??!! How??!
People were not voting for the moron, they were voting against YOU! They had had enough of being told they were racists, anti everything, and when they got a chance to tell you to do one, they did, on a ballot paper. You caused Trump.

Tory landslide!! How??!!
Because other than the wealthy metropolitan elite and the kids they were all telling you they didn't want a return to 1970s Labour, they didn't want you to shun Brexit. You didn't listen.

And round and round we go.

Exactly.

Did you see the report the other day saying that 13% who class themselves as the progressive left, are utterly dominant on social media.

They are very vocal, unable to listen to others opinions and vilify those who do have a different view on things, shutting down all discussion and therefore simply not getting the fact they are the minority.
Sounds like remainers in the Brexit thread. You just get so fed up of same moaning and gleeful negativity against UK, so they play in there mostly on there own now.

Interesting letter from Gove to Starmer, which is exactly what I was saying earlier....

uXAfRto4.jpg

Rich of Gove. Get your own house in fudgeing order you prick! If you produce your own Chakrabarti report, the EHRC will be back up your arse!

And there we have it.

Typical whataboutism at it's finest.

And there we have it.

Typical whataboutism at it's finest.
You can think that, but I'm not excusing the Labour Party. I've found them both disgusting on racism, but while one party has finally got the damning result of a warranted investigation, the other seems to have stalled its own inquiry over a year after they pledged to carry it out.

You can think that, but I'm not excusing the Labour Party. I've found them both disgusting on racism, but while one party has finally got the damning result of a warranted investigation, the other seems to have stalled its own inquiry over a year after they pledged to carry it out.

Gove throwing stones writing letters from his glass house. But that's for another thread.

Hopefully Starmer continues to rip this out and it becomes no longer a problem. And isn't an issue either then in a few years time when it comes to an election.

Is it possible that the increase in the Muslim population and therefore an increase in Muslim Labour membership & MP's are driving this increase in hostility against Jews rather than traditionally the far right?

I may be wrong but don't most Muslims have an issue for Israel & Jews ?

Is it possible that the increase in the Muslim population and therefore an increase in Muslim Labour membership & MP's are driving this increase in hostility against Jews rather than traditionally the far right?

I may be wrong but don't most Muslims have an issue for Israel & Jews ?
I think it's more the far left using the old anti-Semitic tropes/canards of the Rothschilds, Jews controlling everything etc. There's a horseshoe there with the far right. And today, many of the right's buzzwords and bogeyman all stem from anti-Semitic tropes - 'globalists'/'NWO'/Soros/"cultural marxism"

I think it's more the far left using the old anti-Semitic tropes/canards of the Rothschilds, Jews controlling everything etc. There's a horseshoe there with the far right. And today, many of the right's buzzwords and bogeyman all stem from anti-Semitic tropes - 'globalists'/'NWO'/Soros/"cultural marxism"

But its far worse for Labour now and I don't see support for Far Right having grown, unlike Muslim presence in politics ? Don't think Far right like Muslims any better than Jewish.

its actually a solid move by Starmer i think... shows he wont stand for it from anyone.

It was a central message of his leadership campaign, weeding out antisemitism, along side Unity... So its no surprise, he took this line. Also, his background in the law just reaffirms. As for Unity, the general consensus in all Labour will be to follow report and then some...

It was a central message of his leadership campaign, weeding out antisemitism, along side Unity... So its no surprise, he took this line. Also, his background in the law just reaffirms. As for Unity, the general consensus in all Labour will be to follow report and then some...

I like him already. Will make me look at labour again next time while he's in charge. Apart from the Brexit issue I'd trust him more than Boris already!

I like him already. Will make me look at labour again next time while he's in charge. Apart from the Brexit issue I'd trust him more than Boris already!

If Brexit is your political shtick, Starmer is not your Politician. He'd have us back in quicker than it took to suspend Corbyn...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom