Labour policy advisor says vote for another party

McPhee

A left winger supporting a left wing party at the election? Shocking.

Two ways of looking at this TBH. Is it better to be loyal to one's convictions and disloyal to one's party, or loyal to one's party and disloyal to one's convictions?

Class War are pretty poor taste though TBH.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
If he supports Calls War then he should join them. if he stays in Labour then he should support Labour.
Not complicated.
Add Corbyn that seems to be supporting that behaviour, Labour is out of the running.

McPhee

If he supports Calls War then he should join them. if he stays in Labour then he should support Labour.
Not complicated.
Add Corbyn that seems to be supporting that behaviour, Labour is out of the running.
I'm pretty sure Labour's current policy chief is likely to find he is most closely aligned politically with Labour, not Class War.

Are his stupid outbursts all that different from the outbursts of many Labour Party members against the current leadership? In terms of damage done, the two situations aren't even on the same scale. Problem is, this guy's political views differ from those of the people who decide who gets investigated. Ergo, the likes of Stephen Danczuk are allowed to carry on their assault on their own party without repercussions.

I'm not suggesting Andrew Fisher was right to write the tweet, but the (likely insignificant) damage has been done and he's apologised. Time for him to get on with his job.

tapzilla2k

Distinguished Member
It's a storm in a tea cup whipped up by the PLP who are still in denial about Corbyn's victory. If they were to apply that rule vigorously then a lot of Labour MP's would have their membership revoked. I think Labour is heading for a bitter civil war, if it does then I will likely leave the Party in protest at the sheer idiocy of it.

tapzilla2k

Distinguished Member
That is my worry as well, we need a good opposition.

The only opposition we are likely to get is from the SNP and that will likely lead to the break up of the Union. I still see Dan Jarvis as the future of the Labour Party, regardless of what Corbyn achieves or doesn't achieve.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
So we have to watch Corbyn lose the next election for a change in leadership.
I am not particularly pro left or pro right, just think a system with good opposition can make government more moderate.

EarthRod

Distinguished Member
The Labour Party has about 4 years to sort out the wheat from the chaff and get itself TOGETHER in re-establishing what and who it stands for.

The chances are the route to rediscovery will lead to an internal civil war or at least a protracted battle behind the scenes where heads will roll.

IMO this is not an idiotic change but a necessary reorganisation of representation which has been totally missing in Westminster over the last 30-odd years.

Corbyn has been the catalyst of the necessary forthcoming change but I doubt he will lead the Labour party after 2020.

Enki

Banned
Oh dear, Corbyn has Cameron & Coulson or Lord Green ( HSBC) moment!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom