Labour MP resigns post over Government policy on Middle East

mickrick

Ex Member
Reaction score
Jim Sheridan, MP for Paisley and Renfrewshire North, has resigned his post as a parliamentary private secretary to the defence team in protest at government policy on the Middle East.

The start of something big, maybe.

It's said a group of left-wing Labour MPs have spoken with MPs from other parties to write a letter to Jack Straw MP, to demand an emergency convening (spelling/grammar?) of Parliment

I don't recall the government crumbling when Clare Short resigned though. And people had heard of her ...

The scurvy scum are all away on their jollies anyway, only Hoss Prescott there

Pat_C said:
I don't recall the government crumbling when Clare Short resigned though. And people had heard of her ...

Yeah, but this could be "stalking horse" tactics. Get a virtually unknown MP (outside of their own constituency anyway) to do the dirty work, then the big guns weigh in. And given Blair/Prescott are in much more precarious positions now than they were in the build up to the Iraq invasion, mainly due to the way the Iraq invasion was (mis)handled and Blair's sickening toadying to Bush who, lets face it, isn't in the most secure of positions either, I suspect Blair will be treating this a lot more seriously than a lot of people expect.

I hope it's the start of something bigger.

Murder is murder no matter which side of the fence you sit and we are helping supply the tools to commit the murder. Shame on us!

Silver Arrow said:

Murder is murder no matter which side of the fence you sit and we are helping supply the tools to commit the murder. Shame on us!

agreed, Labour MP made me proud! whjere's Nick UK when you need him? anyone know why or how long he is banned for?

shahedz said:
agreed, Labour MP made me proud! whjere's Nick UK when you need him? anyone know why or how long he is banned for?

why is Nick banned? I like him :)

Silver Arrow said:

We certainly are. But are you willing to lose thousands of jobs to stop arms being supplied to the likes of Burma, Thailand, Indonesia, Saudi, and a host of dubious dictators in African countries?

I agree that supplying Israel with weapons from the US is a nasty business, but since it's being going on for decades.........

So much for an 'ethical foreign policy'. Never been one, never will be one.

I doubt Blair will be losing too much sleep over this. Probably forgotten what's going on already as he sups his G&T by the pool.:rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom