labgear Lof box and SKy+ HD tuning problems

johnhughes1

Standard Member
Hi all, i'm new to this sort of thing and I'm hoping someone out there could help me? I'm having problems viewing my sky in other rooms in the house through my labgear loft box.

My set up is as follows.

Sky dish is connected directly to my lofbox, LNB 1, 2 etc,
LNB outs connected to sky+ HS box in living room.
UHF aerial connect directly into loftbox
all room plates are connected to loft box in out 5,6,7,8
Switch on front of loftbox is switched to SAT.

I have a coax lead from the wall plate in each room connected directly to the aerial socket in the tv's.
The TV's are all on ANOLOGUE settings and the RF setting on sky is set to deafault 68 and power is on.

There is nothing plugged into the RF2 out socket in the back of the sky box.
I am getting nothing at all on any of the tvs in any of the rooms.

Would be very greatful for any help anyone can me....Thanks:D

Stevenage Neil

There is nothing plugged into the RF2 out socket in the back of the sky box.
I am getting nothing at all on any of the tvs in any of the rooms.

You've answered your own question.

RF2 should be connected to "Return".

logiciel

As "there is nothing plugged into the RF2 out socket in the back of the sky box" nothing can come out of it so that IS the reason why you're "having problems viewing my sky in other rooms".
On the other hand there IS a problem as you're "getting nothing at all on any of the tvs in any of the rooms", and you should be getting terrestrial TV - analogue if you still have it, and digital Freeview, as they come from the aerial into the "loftbox" and out to the rooms - though what does "all room plates are connected to loft box in out" mean?

Stevenage Neil

On the other hand there IS a problem as you're "getting nothing at all on any of the tvs in any of the rooms", and you should be getting terrestrial TV - analogue if you still have it, and digital Freeview, as they come from the aerial into the "loftbox" and out to the rooms ........

He said in his original post that his TV is set to Analogue - hence no Freeview.

johnhughes1

Standard Member
You've answered your own question.

RF2 should be connected to "Return".

Thanks for this. A bit more help though if you don't mind please.

You say RF2 should be connected to return. is this in the loft box or from the sky+ box? to the loft box?

Thanks again for you reply......

johnhughes1

Standard Member
As "there is nothing plugged into the RF2 out socket in the back of the sky box" nothing can come out of it so that IS the reason why you're "having problems viewing my sky in other rooms".
On the other hand there IS a problem as you're "getting nothing at all on any of the tvs in any of the rooms", and you should be getting terrestrial TV - analogue if you still have it, and digital Freeview, as they come from the aerial into the "loftbox" and out to the rooms - though what does "all room plates are connected to loft box in out" mean?

I meant that all wall plate cables leading to the loft box are connected to the "out" connectors on the loft box.

is the little switch on the front of the loft box which has SAT-UHF/CCTV positions anything to go by? I have it in the SAT position at the moment.

Thanks angain for your response.

Stevenage Neil

Thanks for this. A bit more help though if you don't mind please.

You say RF2 should be connected to return. is this in the loft box or from the sky+ box? to the loft box?

Thanks again for you reply......

There should be a socket on your wall plate labelled "Return" - this should be connected to the Sky box RF2.

logiciel

He said in his original post that his TV is set to Analogue - hence no Freeview.
Correct - I'd taken that important point into consideration.;)
He said that the TVs are "on analogue" settings", but not that they could not be changed to digital settings.

OP:
Thanks for clearing up that confusion about the ins and outs.
The Outs should be taking terrestrial TV, analogue or digital or both, to the TVs.
When you connect Sky RF2 Out to Return on the wall they should take the current Sky channel as well.
SAT-UHF is the correct setting.

MartinPickering

With respect, that's not how it works. See Loft Box Help

Only the radio aerial signals go direct. All UHF signals go via the "Return" feed.

logiciel

That's perfectly OK, and your right, as I'd omitted the underlined part of "you should be getting terrestrial TV - analogue if you still have it, and digital Freeview, as they come from the aerial into the "loftbox", out from that to the satellite receiver, back from its RF2 Out, and out to the rooms". ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom