Labgear HDU681 not working fully

XSP

Standard Member
Hi All, Recently installed a Labgear HDU681 Home 8 Way Distribution Unit Only just got around to testing out the other TV's and i cant get a sat signal from the other TV (currently only one wired up yet,)

Have the Sky signal coming into the correct LNB in ports, The Main TV works great no worries and its a good signal, i have the return up link correctly connected plus the switch is switched to sat and the blue light is on to say its getting the uplink signal ok,

am i missing something :confused: or done something wrongs,

any help will be good

XSP

Standard Member
No what i mean is the sky box is not getting a signal in the other room, i put a new hard drive in the box this afternoon, as it had failed 6 months ago so i kept it awaiting a new hard drive, that should affect the signal input should it ?

Stevenage Neil

OK your post is thoroughly confusing:-

The Main TV works great no worries and its a good signal

What does that mean? Works well via a Sky box or via Freeview?

How many Sky boxes do you have?

XSP

Standard Member
Sorry the wife tells me that all the time,

I have 1 box in the living room, this bounces the signal back up to the labgear distribution box, which then splits the signal off 8 ways as i am sure you know, so my next TV in the kitchen has its own box
The signal comes from the labgear to the other box, but i am not getting any signal into the box in the kitchen

logiciel

You don't send anything from the distributor to "boxes" in the other rooms, you send the signals direct to the TVs.

Broadz

The boxes each need connecting to the satellite dish - not to labgear distribution boxes. As others have said, you can only connect televisions to labgear distribution boxes, not satellite (or any other kind of) digiboxes.

XSP

Standard Member
Ahhhh i have completely misunderstood the use of i t,

i assumed it simply split the signal 8 ways.....

is there anything i can use to simply now split the signal? damn if i had only have none at the time, i have wired the whole house up to this labgear thinking it would do the the job i thought......

Broadz

You can't split a satellite signal - the box sends a signal to the LNB connection on the dish telling it what polarity and what band to lock on to depending which channel you choose to watch. If two different channels use different bands/polarities, you can't receive both channels at the same time through a single connection.

logiciel

It doesn't split the input from the LNB on the satellite dish at all - as Broadz says, that's impossible.
If you really want a separate satellite receiver in each room then each needs a separate connection to the LNB.
The present LNB almost certainly has four outputs so if they're not all used you have the spare ones to use now.
For more receivers than that will allow for you'll need to replace the LNB with an octo type with eight outputs.
The distributor is intended to send the signal from the terrestrial aerial direct to the extension TVs, along with the channel that's currently selected on the one satellite receiver or PVR.

XSP

Standard Member
OK GUYS the award for the silliest forum member goes to :hiya: :facepalm:

I simply missunderstood what it was meant for, Damn......

But now you guys have properly explained it i can start drilling the ceiling :blush:

Anyone want a Near new Labgear (Going Cheap):thumbsup:

logiciel

If you really want a satellite receiver in each room you can use whatever wiring you already have.
Is it really worth the hassle and expense though, when your distributor can do its proper job?

XSP

Standard Member
Yeah All sorted Wired direct to LNB and job done, why i didnt do this in the first place i dont know

But all is good now Thanks Guys:thumbsup:

Just need to sell the Labgear now

logiciel

That was quick!:thumbsup:
Don't you want to use it for what it IS meant for?:confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom