Labgear HDMI Splitter

Jim Prong

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a problem with a Labgear HDMI splitter.

Input is from a Sky HD box. Two outputs, Toshiba LCD TV and Samsung LDs TV. When both TV's are on no. If the Toshiba is turned off I still get a a picture on the Samsung, but if I turn off the Samsung the picture is lost on the Toshiba. If I unplug the lead from the Samsung the picture on the Toshiba returns. It might be some sort of eco setting on the Samsung which is sending a signal to the splitter turning it off, but I've had no luck adjusting the settings. I'm tempted to de-solder the wire on pin 19, the "hot plug detect", as its the only one which remotely looks like it might be causing the problem.

Any ideas please?

Last edited:
I tried the suggested fix, but still when the Samsung is turned off the picture on the Toshiba turns into a blue screen which flickers every second or so. Any other suggestions will be appreciated.

What happens if you swap the Displays over on the Output side of the Matrix – power everything Off at the wall, Swap over the Output cables then repower.

Joe

What happens if you swap the Displays over on the Output side of the Matrix – power everything Off at the wall, Swap over the Output cables then repower.

Joe

It's a pal's TV so I'll try that and report back.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom