1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Labelling DVD-R

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by milanlad, Jan 5, 2003.

1. milanlad

milanlad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    How do people label their DVD-R's. The obvious choice is the same as labelling CD-R. But, I've heard that the extra weight ofthe label for DVD could make this not a good idea. Something to do with more weight on the motors etc..

All comments welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Milan

2. malcom

malcom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi milanlad. I have heard the same advice about not labeling DVD-R's as the results could be catastrophic if something should go wrong and one should start to peel while running in the machine. Just not worth the risk in my oppinion.

Paranoid person as I am I won't even write on the so called writing surface of the disc. One of the so called safe pens that I used actually started to disolve the writing surface.

I use a numbering system and simply write the number on the clear inner circle with a CD writer felt tip pen. I use the jewel cases that hold 6 DVD or CD's and print the number of the disc and it content details on the front and back inserts that I put into the cases. I am assuming the DVD's are for your personal use! If you are supplying friends or customers ......Well! That's another problem all together. Good luck. Malcom.

3. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...or you could get blank DVD-Rs that each come in it's own individual case with a reversible card for labelling, more expense yes but less hassle also.

4. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    Or you could buy the Epson 950 printer which prints directly onto DVDs. Printable DVDs can be had for less than £1 each and the results from the 950 are excellent. Dazzles new DVD package includes label templates - you just select a scene from the movie or any graphic background, add some text if you want and press print. Great.