Label confusion for Xbox Series X & Xbox One games

Spurs4ever

Stupid question I am sure, but can anyone confim the following please...

If a game is labelled (top right of the front of the case)...

Xbox Series X - Xbox One - does this mean that the game was made for the Series X, but can work on the Xbox One with some redictions in quality?

Xbox One - Series X - does this mean that the game was made for the Xbox One, but has some some enhancements when working on the Series X?

If the above is true, with cross gen games is it not better to get the Xbox Series X - Xbox One labelled game if I am only going to use it in an Xbox Series X?

Could they make this any more confusing? LOL

Last edited:

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
😅 Yes pretty much mate!

Indiana Jones

Stupid question I am sure, but can anyone confim the following please...

If a game is labelled (top right of the front of the case)...

Xbox Series X - Xbox One - does this mean that the game was made for the Series X, but can work on the Xbox One with some redictions in quality?

Xbox One - Series X - does this mean that the game was made for the Xbox One, but has some some enhancements when working on the Series X?

If the above is true, with cross gen games is it not better to get the Xbox Series X - Xbox One labelled game if I am only going to use it in an Xbox Series X?

Could they make this any more confusing? LOL
I agree it can be a bit confusing but I blame the companies that are not giving free next gen upgrades like Activision for it even being a problem in the first place.

If it were not for them it wouldn't matter what it was labelled as, you would just get the best possible version for the console it is installed on.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom