La liga

I think all the clubs should help and sure many are. I do think the players could do more themselves though. I'm sure many are and maybe we just aren't hearing about it but then you get plonkers like Grealish out acting like a **** when they could really be contributing a great deal more

There'll be loads happening that won't be reported but a couple of stories I did see today was Toby Alderweirald has been donating dozens of tablets to hospitals and care home so those isolated from family can keep in touch via Skype/Facetime and The Tottenham Stadium being used as a hub for foodbanks for those less fortunate than ourselves.

Coronavirus: Tottenham Hotspur offers stadium to support vulnerable people

I'd hope that the PL players would consider a pay cut if it helps the non playing staff to get through this.

I'd hope that the PL players would consider a pay cut if it helps the non playing staff to get through this.
City are paying the non playing staff through this.

There'll be loads happening that won't be reported but a couple of stories I did see today was Toby Alderweirald has been donating dozens of tablets to hospitals and care home so those isolated from family can keep in touch via Skype/Facetime and The Tottenham Stadium being used as a hub for foodbanks for those less fortunate than ourselves.

Coronavirus: Tottenham Hotspur offers stadium to support vulnerable people
It's just a shame when it's the non playing staff, some clubs don't care about them.

As expected Mike Ashley was the first owner to come out saying he won't be paying staff and now Levy has told non-playing staff they are to be furloughed.

When you have players earning over 100k a week they could quite easily help to cover the difference in the wages.

Last edited:
It's just a shame when it's the non playing staff, some clubs don't care about them.

As expected Mike Ashley was the first owner to come out saying he won't be paying staff and now Levy has told non-playing staff they are to be furloughed.

When you have players earning over 100k a week they could quite easily help to cover the difference in the wages.

Totally agree, and with the profits Spurs have shown recently there's absolutely no reason not to pay staff full wages, or at least make up the 20% shortfall in their wages.

I notice that it's all non playing staff, right up the the chairman who are taking the paycut.

I heard Spurs have huge debt currently so I'm sure that's a factor.

The players absolutely should be helping out though. I find it disgraceful if they don't in all honesty

I heard Spurs have huge debt currently so I'm sure that's a factor.

The players absolutely should be helping out though. I find it disgraceful if they don't in all honesty

I doubt the stadium debt has anything to do with this given the structured repayments. Operating profit is different, and this is where I think the money should be coming from.

They had a lot of big events lined up though. I assume this will hit Spurs quite hard in the short term

They had a lot of big events lined up though. I assume this will hit Spurs quite hard in the short term
Not as hard as those staff on minimum wage that will now be getting 80%

Luckily the government has brought that in as millions would have been in far worse positions.

Oh yeah, definitely. Lots of people in my company are being furloughed, as is my wife. My concern is that if it lasts longer than 2 months which it likely will, are they going to continue to support them. Anyway, that's for another thread

Premier Sports will be showing all La Liga games for free in June through Sky Sports.
You have to register on premiersports.com and use code BACKTOWIN to get the June games for free.
Remember to cancel your subscription or you will be charged after from July 1st.

Last edited:
65 seconds and Barca have scored already.

2 La Liga titles and 3 Champions league for Zidane, whatever you think of him, boy does he have a special aura about him and his proved his tactical awareness this year too.

I'm confident he'll win another Champions league or 2 in his lifetime.

50 mins gone and both Madrids losing 1-0 in final game. AM top by 2 points at start of play.

Edit -

Real score in 55th minute.

Goal ruled out for offside

Atletico then score in 58th minute.

Last edited:
Suarez scores his 21st La Liga goal of the season.

Barring a crazy final 15 mins, it's all over. Atletico win the title.

Looking very likely.

What a signing Suarez has been, thought he was finished at top level tbh, thought he had lost a bit of something. Came back with a bite tho. Wonder if Barca regret letting him go for nothing to a rival.

Real and Barca are in big trouble for quite a few reasons. Be nice to see the banks not give them a loan and see others come into the question next season in the league.

Looking very likely.

What a signing Suarez has been, thought he was finished at top level tbh, thought he had lost a bit of something. Came back with a bite tho. Wonder if Barca regret letting him go for nothing to a rival.
I think Barca regret letting him go big time. Suarez has proven he still has it at this level,not as good as he was but would've still done a better job than what Griezman has done

1-1 Madrid equaliser

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom