La Haine PQ/AQ/Extras Question (HD-DVD)

Mullicious

Novice Member
I really fancy this title on HD-DVD. I have seen it at £8 (The best price so far, at HMV.) And I know It's shot in black and white, which is fine, but, I just want to know, does anyone know what the PQ/AQ is like? And any extras? Etc, as I can't find any site that has reviewed it, like High Def Digest.

Many thanks, by the way, It's the UK - Optimum release.

Markoos

Novice Member
Picture quality is pretty good. Not demo material by a long way, but it's a nice improvement on the SD version. Sadly there's no special features whatsover though.

brian s

Distinguished Member
I had an lot of judder problems on my XE1. I thought it was because the machine wasn't 24fps. After the 24fps update there was no difference. :(

All the best
Bri

dannydj

Distinguished Member
was considering this to as its pretty cheap.........but watched the 10th anniversary dvd the other day upscaled to 1080p and it looked fantastic.......will be sticking with this version till criterion release it on blu one day.

Mullicious

Novice Member
I ordered it, I love the movie, and I assume It's pretty good picture. Worth my £8.

shortround

Novice Member
They usually use white text with a black outline for black and white movies don't they? I know the very first Tartan release failed to do that and a lot of the subtitles were unreadable. They fixed it for the subsequent releases though.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom