• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

L4D: Worth buying the Game of the Year Edition?

evangelink

Have finally got round to ordering this game, and noticed the two different versions available. Standard one is £24.99 and GOTY edition is £39.99. Now apart from the GOTY having the Survival DLC already included I can't work out the difference between them? Anyone shed any light on what other extras are on it? Doesn't seem worth the extra seeing as the DLC is the pprincely sum of £0.00.

mcockram85

Standard Member
Your exactly right in that the Survival DLC is free.

I did wonder the same thing when I saw that they were planning on releasing a GOTY edition. I know there will be some sort of free cards or poster etc but it's not worth the money. Just get a second hand copy of the original game and download the DLC.

evangelink

Yeah i'd just get the original.

As the DLC is free i can't see any other reason to pick up GOTY edition.

Yeah, cheers guys, as I thought. Ordered my new copy for £25, very excited about this one arriving sounds like a lot of fun. Already downloaded the DLC in preparation...

mcockram85

Standard Member
No worries man.

If you want to add someone to play online feel free to add me: freedomfighterm

I've not played for a while but it would be good to dust it off and have a bash.

evangelink

Cheers lads, will do some adding later. Just had my first go on single player, pretty bloody intense! Now I know not to disturb the Witch.:D

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom