L E Concepts..

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by LDR, Feb 17, 2003.

1. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    Anybody have any feedback on this company..as in delivery/customer service/if things go wrong etc ??

Im debating purchasing a new DVD player from them or HiFi-Junkies..which supplier is prefered ?

Cheers

LDR

2. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Used LEC, very impressed...

Bought a Tosh 900e to have a look at, arrived quickly and they were very helpful with MR and RCE questions.

When I didn't like the gold finish, they accepted it back and gave me a nice full refund, no quibbles...

Overall great service and would definitely use again...

JJ

3. IainC

IainC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Used them to buy the AVR3803 and it did take a bit longer than I expected as they did say "in stock" when I ordered but it was still not much longer than a fortnight from order to it arriving.

Hopefully not need to know how they rate on returns, but the service from them was as good as any other I've used online.

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +932
    Had two dvd players off them and both were delivered next day (in the UK) without problems.:)

5. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Bought a Tosh 520e from then. Now as I live in Newcastle I went to their shop in the Metro Ctr.

Have a good sized shop with dem room and this bodes well with my if I was going to buy mail order.

6. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    If you are buying denon, you should probably be aware that they are not authorised denon resellers in the UK - or at least they were not a year ago when I bought an amp from them.

We had to return a faulty amp, and it took best part of 3 days to get through to someone who would authorise a return for us.

we did however get a replacement within days, at no charge.

the significance of not being a denon reseller, is we could have taken it into our local denon shop, and had them return it to denon instead, however they rang a check on serial no. and told us they wouldnt' touch it with a barge pole.

I would buy from leconcepts again, if price/product availability was a clear advantage.

tell me, how do they have 3803's and noone else in this country does?

7. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Could they be imported?

8. IainC

IainC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't know if they are imported or not but I'm happy enough with the one I got.

If I had a problem with anything I'd bought I'd go back to the place I'd bought it from in the first place anyway.

9. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    Ok guys, thanks for your input, decided to go with L.E Concepts this time, Ordered a M/R Pioneer DV656A in black earlier today, will have it by Thursday hopefully. They price matched Hi-Fi Junkies (£299.00) + £10 Delivery and beat it, so all in Im getting it for £299.00 Delivered.

Will post feedback when it arrives.

P.S.

Gave the Forums a big mention as they are on a trial month sponsorship.. :D

10. DJP

DJP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I hope you have better luck with delivery dates than I've had with L.E. Concepts. As far as I'm concerned the jury is still out.

I placed an order with them for a Denon AVR-3803 on the 3rd Feb. At that time their web site stated that it was In-Stock. Tried for an hour to call them to confirm this and then decided to place the order anyway. (Don't bother calling in the am as they rarely answer)

Called later that day to confirm and asked that the shipment (I went for one of their package deals with a DVD) be split so that I could get the Amp ASAP. Chap on the phone said no problem as long as I paid the extra carriage.

Called a few days later to ask whether the Amp had been shipped and was told that they had a few delivery problems due to the bad weather but that it should be shipped end of week/early next week.

Phoned on the 10th to find out if it had been shipped and was told that the stock which was shipped out on the week beginning the 3rd Feb had been allocated before I placed my order and that I was in the next batch which should turn up around the 12th.

Now this would have been okay but for the fact that (a) I had confimed that I would get one on the 3rd and (b) they had already taken the money from my credit card account. :nono:

Phoned on the 13th to find out when it would be delivered and was told that the next shipment was now due around the 19th/20th. I complained about the fact that they had already taken the money from my account and they apologised and stated that this was an administrative error. If I wanted they could credit my account but then I would lose my place in the queue as they would have to enter this as a new order.

I'm giving them until the end of this week and then it's time for another friendly :mad: phone call.

Okay, I know this amp is in short supply at the moment but I have to say that their stock system is rather poor and taking the money from the credit card looks really iffy.

Given that other people have had good support from them perhaps I've just been unlucky...but as I said earlier, theu jury is still out.

Derek

11. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    Why is it all the negative reviews come AFTER I place the order ? :rolleyes:

12. Blu-rayx

Blu-rayx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    ordered the tosh 900E without problems :smashin:

i would order from them again :hiya:

dvd

13. DJP

DJP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    LDR - Sorry about that but I've been rather busy and only just got around to looking at this thread.

As I said though, the jury is still out. Given the other positive comments regarding L.E. Concepts you probably won't have the issues I've had. However, if they don't meet their delivery promises I suggest you contact them.

The AVR-3803 is in extremely short supply which may be the reason for all these problems. Given that you have ordered a DVD player you will probably have better success. I certainly hope so.

I note that their web site now shows the 3803 in stock again so I've got my fingers crossed that mine will arrive in the next few days.

Derek

14. IainC

IainC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DJP,

I must have ordered mine at a very similar time.

I typed a bit out here and then remembered it must have been just about the end of Jan or the first day or two in Feb as I remember the ad being changed to "Expected 03-02-03".

Anyway, when it hadn't arrived by the 8/9th I phoned and they said that they'd had a few calls, etc but that they were getting ones in on the Monday (10th) and I could phone then if I wanted to chase it up.

Didn't bother and I noticed the visa was debited (online banking, don't you love it ;) ) during the week. Phoned to ask about it and the guy said that it had been shipped that morning so I'd have it on the following Monday, got home to find a card in the door from the delivery company (must be a *very* quick service ;) ). It was re-delivered the next day when I was at home.

Was pleased enough with the service. I guess that they must have got a lot more orders than they expected if you are still waiting yet.

15. DJP

DJP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    IainC

You must have been in the first batch which were allocated before my order got processed.

Just phoned them again and thay told me that it's shipping tonight so it should be with me tomorrow.

I'll keep my fingers crossed - although it's tough typing with them like that
    ;)

Derek

16. IainC

IainC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Must have been :D

Fingers crossed for you ;)

17. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    DVD player received around 1pm today :D

Moddies feel free to close this thread. :smashin:

18. DJP

DJP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    LDR - very happy for you.

My Amp still has not turned up in spite of the chap I spoke to yesterday stating that it would be with me by 5pm today.

I believe that they are waiting to ship both items together in-spite of the fact that I specifically asked them to ship the Amp as soon as it arrived and told them I was prepared to pay the additional shipping charge. I know that this was in their computer as one of the sales chaps mentioned it during one of the many phone conversations.

Perhaps it will arrive tomorrow as I note there is an outstanding transaction for the balance of the order on my credit card.

After all the broken promises with regards to delivery dates I would advise all purchasers to check how much stock they have of an item on the phone before ordering. Do not rely on the dates posted on their web site.
    :(

Oh well...let's see what happens when I call them tomorrow.

19. nhk

nhk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I phoned them about a 3803 and even though the website said in stock (this about 10 days ago), they said it would arrive 10 days later (stock). I asked if they have a genuine UK model and they confirmed.

I then called Hayden Labs and they said 3803s not released un UK yet and it would debut in Bristol show.

Logically either Hayden are not honest or the LE Concepts chap made a mistake.

I ordered mine 3803 through an authorised Denon dealer as a result.

20. DJP

DJP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Well, I've just received an email from L.E.Concepts confirming that the goods were shipped today. So I can only guess that they were waiting for both items to be available as, according to their web site, the DVD player I ordered only came in stock today.

I've now got a City Link tracking number and City Links web site confirms that it should be delivered tomorrow.

Oh well looks like I may have a happy ending after all. I'd still advise caution with regards to the stock details posted on the web site though as nhk and I have noted it is not always reliable.

21. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Well I could rewrite War & Peace with my saga with LE Concepts :mad:
    Ordered Plasma + Stand + Speakers & DVD & Receiver on 05/09/02 - all in stock and will be delivered within a week & get 3 free DVD's voucher.

23/09/02 Plasma + Stand & Receiver arrived - called LEC 'the DVD is being M/R and will be delivered within a week but no stock of plasma speakers' :mad:

??/10/02 DVD arrives, no voucher/speakers

SEVERAL PHONE CALLS LATER

19/12/02 Plasma speakers arrive. Open box and there are no brackets for fixing to plasma :mad: even after I had phoned them and been assured that they had been checked before being sent to me. Phoned back and they said they would send brackets :rolleyes:

20/12/02 Brackets arrive but when mounted on plasma and connected one speaker is dead :mad: Call them back AGAIN and get told to remove the back of the speaker cabinet and check the speaker connections. I refuse and demand they collect them and give me a refund. They agree and arrange courier for Monday after Christmas.

30/12/02 Wait in all day and no courier arrives :mad:

Since then I have arrange 3 more collections, but still have the speakers and they still have my money. Oh and by the way, I have still not received the free DVD's voucher and the offer ends at the end of this month. :mad:

Would I recommend LEC to others?
    What do you think!

Mark.

22. DJP

DJP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The amp and DVD arrived today at 11:30am. Yippeee.

Open the boxes to find that the the Amp is black although I ordered Gold:mad:

I've now got to decide whether I'm sufficiently bothered about the colour to go through the sort of hell which MarkE19 has suffered. The price is the same but it would have been nice to get what I'd ordered especially as their web site claims that they have both in stock.

This saga has not been LEConcepts finest hour.

Oh well you live and learn...

23. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Why not get them to swap it out?
    Why should they get away with it?

Tell them that when the courier delivers the Gold unit that they must also collect the black one!
    This way you will have an amp to use and they end up supplying what you ordered. :rolleyes:

Mark.

24. IainC

IainC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm, I guess I was lucky then. I ordered Gold and got it (although I've since been wondering if I should have ordered the black ;) )

If you want the gold one then do as MarkE19 suggests and say that they can pick up the black one when the gold one is delivered and not before.

25. DJP

DJP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    IainC & MarkE19 - Thanks for the suggestions chaps.

To be honest the reason why I originally ordered the Gold was that this was the only colour they had listed in stock when I originally ordered.

I'm not that bothered by the colour - eventually it will all be hidden in a cabinet I'm currently designing.

When I placed it in the equipment stack on Friday, looked at it, and tried to visualise it in Gold it wouldn't have worked too well with the other kit anyway.

I did ring LE Concepts to let them know that I'd been sent the wrong one just so that they could check to make sure that they hadn't sent a Gold one to someone who was expecting a Black one.

The amp works fine so as far as I'm concerned the saga's now over. However, I think I've learnt my lesson about ordering stuff which isn't quite officially released in the UK. Normally, I would have waited but the Sky+ lipsync issues were driving me nuts.

26. IainC

IainC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Glad it's all worked out okay for you then.

TBH, that's the same reason I ordered mine in gold too ;)

27. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    DJP..

All good things etc...:D

Enjoy !!

28. crombiestone

crombiestone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yesterday I asked LE concepts if they could get a 3803 AMP to their metrocentre shop so that I could pick it up today.

No problem I was informed .

Due to a previous problem with a plasma stand (thats another story !) I rang them to check that they had the amp in the shop . A different guy answered and said that I had requested it for the weekend . Now at 34 I dont think senility has quite crept in yet . The guy on the phone wasn't having any of it though.Rather than apologise for the confusion he said the amps were in very short supply and he wasnt prepared to get one sent to his own retail outlet in case I wasn't going to buy it . If they had got the amp there today as first promised I would have already bought it !

To cut a long story short , though I really want the amp now ,I will not be buying it from LE. [Inappropriate comments deleted by admin. Read the forum rules.]

I will have to live with my plasma lip sync problem for another month or two whilst I source the amp from a retailer who wants my business

29. Blu-rayx

Blu-rayx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
  30. crombiestone

crombiestone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I mailed Avland yesterday and they say they are expecting stock this week .

They have a nice reassuring FAQ which states they do not sell Grey imports and P & P is free !

I feel an order coming on