1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kylie in concert DTS came today!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Dave H, Oct 19, 2001.

1. Dave H

Dave H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    What service from Ezy DVD ordered sunday night posted on the 16th and came this morning!
    Hows that for service all the way from Australia and it worked out at about 11 pounds as well, bargain.
    PS I have watched the first three songs and the picture is great and the DTS soundtrack ROCKS :D

2. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Talking of arses, :p how does the Kyle rear lokk in DTS,I take it thats why you only watched 3 songs :D

3. Dumfy

Dumfy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Are all the tracks on the disc DTS or is it like "Hell Freezes Over" with just the one? Just need reason for justifying me buying it for Her Indoors! Ha Ha.

Regards ;)

4. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    FYI The whole of Hell Freezes Over is in DTS!
    The misleading box suggests you only get one but what it is actually saying is that if you havent got DTS decoding capability you cannot hear the "DTS only" track ...
    BTW I have never hear a DTS disc as good as HFO (IMO only DVD-A can outperform it!) If you like the Eagles in any way BUY THIS DISC
    Paul

5. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Then try out Roy Orbison's "Black and White Night" ...

6. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,978
    Just bought the R2 version of Kylie as part of a cheap deal. I will agree with Dave that the DTS track is very good and comes very close to the eagles disc.

Other favourite music titles at the moment are Mobys Play the dvd in 5.1. And my favourite disc is Metallicas S&M 2 disc box. :eek: Sandman et al in glorious 5.1 with deep well controlled bass.
    :cool:

[ 21-10-2001: Message edited by: THX 1138 /THX TEX ]

7. Rob

Rob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Phil,

Been tempted to buy S&M for some time. Cunning stunts is my most watched music DVD. I don't know about Metallica and an orchestra :rolleyes: Kinda strange combination. As for Kylie... usefull one handed viewing material I suppose. :D

8. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Might give Roy O a spin then ...
    If you think Cunning Stunts sounds good have you heard Metallica DVD-A - I was stunned !

9. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Gotta disagree about the Metallica discs,the sound is heavily steered torwards the screen,with only the rears used occasionaly for certain effects and crowd prescence,and as for deep bass - that is sorely lacking!! These discs have been mixed by somebody who dosen`t have much of a clue :confused: For live gigs where you are supposed to be emersed in the sound,as if you are actually there,these are a poor substitute :(

10. Rob

Rob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Cunning stunts is the best music DVD I have heard to date. I haven't heard hundreds admittedly, so any suggestions I'll check out. I recently bought AC/DC No bull, Oasis familiar to milions and the McCartney live disc.
    AC/DC lacked bass, or any real detail and the vocals on Oasis were very difficult to hear. I know this is often the case when you are stuck at the back of a concert, but I expect it to sound like I'm in the front row. :)

Rob.

As for the bass on cunning stunts, I have to say I found it was awesome. I know there are often sound differences between R1 and 2. Mine is R1.

[ 22-10-2001: Message edited by: Rob ]

11. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hey Rob,mine is region 1 as well,and I`ve seen the band over 50 times,and they can and do sound a ton better than that,my best friend has been their sound engineer for the past 15 years,he only lives just round the corner from me,so when we heard the live discs we were both dismayed :eek: and his system is made up of Genelec and Nexo & Rel,and the sound just wasn`t up to scratch,that bass should crush you when the kick drum is engaged,and the whole mix could have been better,this is just a result of a poorly mixed sound,some discs are coming close,but no one has really got the hang of mixing music be it live or studio,I will be checking some new titles out soon and will post if I find anything that catches me ear.I don`t know why all these bands let someone who dosen`t know the band mix the sound,and release poor product re;your thoughts on the ac/dc and oasis discs,seems strange don`t you think,but it happens in the movies all the time,so I guess I should stop whining,but hey we all want it to be the best it can be!!(P.S.I do enjoy these discs don`t get me wrong :D )

12. Rob

Rob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33

13. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hey Rob,if it`s the Donnington where Bon Jobi headlined(I think it was)then the reason for the poor sound was the fact of Bon Jobi`s sound engineer standing over Big Mick with a baseball bat and not letting him get the best sound,ain`t life grand ;)

14. Rob

Rob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Could have been, I remember seeing Bon jovi proceeded by Anthrax (am I allowed to mention that word :confused: ) 87 I think. Anthrax totally blew BJ away. Can't remember if it was the same year as Metallica performed. Been so many times, and it was a long time ago now!

Rob.

15. Iancity

Iancity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Sorry, lost original train of thought when saw the two guys talkin' bout Donnington. It was my first outdoor concert and I was suitably impressed (initially thought Metallicas 'Master, master' was 'bastard,bastard' but never mind)! Have both cunning stunts and S&M and thought cunning was much, much better.
    Sorry if this is no good, just reminiscing 'bout the good times more than anything else . . . . . .

16. MUD

MUD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI
    GOT my disc in post this morning.six days from order and only cost me £16 77 PUNTs including visa cost this is great value I will be ordering more from Aussie land.
    MUD

:D

17. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Further to my "threat" above Roy O B&W Night has just landed from ezydvd (@ £10 in their current sale stuff!) and it is a cracker as Reiner said (still not as good as HFO IMO!)
    Regards ... Paul ;)