1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KV36HQ100 - disable 100hz, service manual?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by system11, Mar 25, 2005.

1. system11

system11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got a Sony KV36HQ100, nice picture although not quite as good as my old 28 4:3 was with console graphics (not unexpected).

What -was- unexpected though is the huge delay between things entering the screen and appearing, it makes playing xbox games impossible with any accuracy. Is there some way to disable the 100hz processing modes in the service menu?

Looking like I might have to try to get Currys to exchange it for one of the Phillips 36s they have. Not being able to play games sucks, as it's half the use our TV gets. It's so bad I've actually got the old Trinitron out next to it!

A users or service manual for the set would be nice too - as I say, display model, and Currys didn't have the manual anymore.

cheers,
    james

2. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    No 100htz cannot be disabled.I would try for a exchange or better still a refund and try a decent supplier.

3. system11

system11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It took 2 HOURS to get a refund out of Currys with the set sat in front of them.

Called in Saturday, I was told plainly "bring it back for a refund, no problem".

Brought it back Monday - they didn't agree that a 1 second delay in images made it unusable for consoles (which it does), they denied knowledge (initially) of telling me I could have a refund on those grounds, then later blamed it on the helpful staff member who I expect will now unfairly be in hot water. Eventually I had to DRIVE TO WORK to print out the safety recall notices on the set at which point they finally gave in and refunded.

I'd forgotten just how horrible Currys are - but at least I have my money back, even if I did put my back out shifting the damn TV back there.

Got any suggestions for a 36" CRT TV that runs 50hz and 60hz console game graphics SMOOTHLY with no delay? I'll end up just keeping my old 4:3 at this rate...

cheers,
    james