1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KV36FS76, where's the speaker?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by MackemX, Apr 29, 2003.

1. MackemX

MackemX
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is this is the old model?, cos it has a centre speaker and mine don't :confused:

HERE

can I ask you guys about the AV channels. On mine I seem to get a lot of interference and also when I use the 2nd tuner that too has interference

basically scrolling lines going across the screen, are these the scrolling bars people talk about?

it's not apparent on the other normal channels, but really noticable on the AV channels especially on dark scenes

If I turn the brightness and contrast up slighty they are even more apparent

the guy is coming out tomorrow from JL to look at the convergence cos that's out too in the bottom right corner big style!, but I was gonna ask him bowt the AV channels, but I doubt very much that he will be of help cos he ain't the Sony guy

:EDIE: the guy came out and now a Sony engineer is gonna come out and look at it instead, we'll see what happens :)

2. coscast

coscast

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The FS76 is the newer version which doesn't have a centre speaker. The older FS70 has a centre speaker.

Where's the second tuner? I've got this TV and didn't realise it had 2 tuners. Whats the point?

Regards,

Mark

3. WSH

WSH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Yes it does have a centre speaker. It in the middle on the top.

2nd tuner is for PIP.

4. Manuman

Manuman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How do you mean "interference"?

I'd have to say my AV channels are fine as i havent noticed anything like that.

I'm on my 2nd set now, its great apart from the geometry is out on the left hand side of the screen. Waiting for some guy to come take a look, prolly someone who doesnt know his arse from his elbow again.

:laugh:

5. MackemX

MackemX
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I turn up the brightness and contrast a little more than normal and then flick thru the AV channels and I see white lines scrolling across the screen

and if I play a DVD then I can see waves (lighter lines) scrolling across the screen on darker scenes

also if I put PAP on the right hand pic has interference

turn on the PAP and try put AV channels with nothing on onto both the PAP channels and the one on the right is darker than the left which is the same lighter shade as the top and bottom border

you will also see the lines I'm on about in greater detail

feedback would be great cos the JL guy is coming out tomorrow

cheers :)

6. MackemX

MackemX
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    John Lewis man came

he agreed on slight convergence problem, even I must admit it's very minimal but it's still there and now I know I can't get away from it

he said he'd arrange for a Sony Guy to come look at it

he went and half an hour later got a phone call from a lady at JL

never mind fixing the TV, I'm getting a new one delivered on Tuesday

tho why not just fix it?, cos surely it could easily be fixed in the settings menu cos it's only out a little

what if the new one is worse?, getting worried now

weird :confused:

7. WSH

WSH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    We are having our third FS76 from JL this saturday. They dont mind swapping them!

8. MackemX

MackemX
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I knew it, I'm getting someone else's castoff's :laugh:

I put code 000000000000000000000, into mine anyway if anyone wants to know :)

I wonder if they do supply new ones or just other refurbished models, tho if this is the level of aftersales I can't really complain cos as long as it's the business then fine and it breaks in the next 4 years 10 months I'll get it fixed or another one

I played with the one in Currys and it had exactly the same scrolling bars effect as mine, so I'll accept that cos it's only noticable in certain dark scenes when the contrast/brightness is higher

people have pointed out about hearing the audio when AV channel is on and I also have noticed the times I can hear the TV channel thru the AV channels even tho nothing is on. As soon as you connect a scart lead into the AV socket you will hear it even if the other end is not connected to anything!

into AV1, I hear it on AV1, 2 and slighltly on 3, into AV3 I can't hear it on AV1 yet hear it on AV4! etc, you get my point. Weird again

the Star Wars slanted scrolling text with Sky is a bit annoying but turning down the contrast gets rid of most of the annoyance but again it's still there

I'm also peeved at the fact the Sony DAVS400 I got is only composite output, even my cheapy £70 Dansai displays a better picture!, but I can't really complain cos I got it for free tho I would prefer another option apart from composite output :(

when they replace the TV, how many people come?, cos the lady mentioned the engineer will swap it!, how can one man carry this TV cos I can't cos of my bad back :( . Best I call again I think

9. WSH

WSH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    2 people came to ours. The TVs are brand new out the box, so any 'reconditioning and resealing the box' schnanegans will be done by Sony themselves.

10. WSH

WSH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    2 people came to ours. The TVs are brand new out the box, so any 'reconditioning and resealing the box' schnanegans will be done by Sony themselves.