1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KV36FS76 Service mode adjustments not working

Discussion in 'TVs' started by wibble, Jul 24, 2003.

1. wibble

wibble
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have made some adjustemnts to picture on a KV36FS76 in service mode. Specifically I have reduced VM-Level as it was too high in Personal mode. When I leave service mode everthing reverts to before my adjustment. This is annoying as this is the only mode that allows user changes to contrast, colour, brightness & sharpness. Movie, game and live modes have too much colour & brightness for my taste but the picture is far superior to personnal mode in terms of edge enhancement. VM-level, I imagine, is set to very low value in these modes. Is there any way to adjust these modes settings or get my service mode adjustmemnts recognised by the set ? specifically BACKEND settings

2. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I couldn't find VM-Level in my FS76 service menu..!

3. wibble

wibble
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Go into service mode as usual but chose option 62 after TT on screen to drop you into production m ode. SMV level is listed V- Lvl in colour decoder 1 and has a range setting between 0 - 4.

I managed to get around my niggle by reducing the Y- level by 30% and C-level by 40% and leave my set in GAME mode. Picture perfect, no bleeds, a bit of geometry tweaking to correct a bit of upper and lower corner pinchusion distortion and reduce overscan a little. Otherwise great performer. I have read about others seeing block artefacts when viewing DVD's but this can be cured. In most instances the DVD player is set to apply some edge enhancement. The TV also applies its own. The two combined give this effect i.e the TV is trying sharpen an already
    processed & sharpened image. I have turned off my DVD's sharpness and no more block artifacts ! i.e. turn sharpness off either the TV or DVD:clap: