KV36FS76 - Dead - Standby light blinks four times repeatedly....

welshchris

Standard Member
Reaction score
.... Can someone tell me what's wrong with it?

I have to say, it does appear that Sony is letting a lot of shoddy product out of the factory nowadays. I've always had Sony TV's and they've been faultless. My last one was a KV28FX20 (I think!) and it was magnificent.

Not too impressed with this 36-incher though - it would appear to be f***ed and it's only a couple of days old. I'll of course exchange it for another one, but I'm curious as to what the fault is.

Chris

This is an error code, I'm not familiar with your model so I can't say what it is.

Even Sony has to compete on price, people are prepared to pay more for them but not too much more. I don't think Sony have topped any reliability surveys for years.

the for codes I believe probably mean the following:

FOUR Blinks---No Vert. Deflection (V STOP), Screen goes to a single horizontal line then the video signal muted. Check IC1509, Q1505

My own SOny 36FS70 died in a similar manner in October after 2 1/2 years service.

So far it taken 5 months to repair, was delivered back from Sony HQ on Friday to the TV repairers I'd called in, it failed after 10 mins with more blink codes, back to the drawing board..

Four flashes may mean No Vertical Sync, do you have an FS76 aswell as your FS70?

no I've only got a fs70, or rather Sony have..I assume the flash codes apply across the range

They probably share alot of the same codes, but I wouldn't assume they're all identical unless an engineer told you.

5 months! That's ridiculous.

Yes I agree 5 months is ridiculous, looks like it may stretch to 6.
I never thought I'd be one to slag off Sony but my patience is wearing thin.
The bill stands at £500 and I maybe asked for more but I've protested about this, I don't see why I should have to pay transport costs back to Sony again as they've suggested, I'm hopeful though that they'll change their minds.

I don't have any experience of getting a TV repaired but maybe you could start a thread for some advise (hopefully).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom