KV36FS70 Problems

CTT

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have some issues with my KV36FS70 and would appreciate any feedback on how to resolve.

1, The geometry of the set is out and the bottom left hand of the screen is lower than the right. This is especically noticeable when watching Sky news or any channel with banners. Is there anyway to resolve this via the service menu and if so how do I access the service menu?

2, Is there anyway of disabling the auto screen select. I watch all programs in WS, but it automatically switches to Smart when I change to some channels.

3, Does anyone know which SCART sockets are RGB enabled. When I plug my Sky box or DVD player into scart 1 via a relatively expensive scart lead the picture looks like it requires adjustement form a Vertical hold. Works fine on scarts 2 and 3 but switching the sky from RGB to composite has no effect. The picture is fine with a cheap scart lead on socket 1. I know the more expensive lead works as it delivers a very sharp picture on my 36ZP48. From this can I conclude my RGB socket is not working and I need to call someone in as the TV is under warranty or are there some other checks I can do first?

Thanks

If you read my post in this forum, CRT geometry, can it be adjusted? you will see that I list how to access my service menu. Your model appears in my tv's list so your access is the same.

Before you do that, look at the main menu and you will see an icon that looks like a briefcase. From that, when you highlight the AV inputs, the red ones are SVHS and RGB (1 and 2 on mine) and the black ones aren't (3 and 4 on mine)

Hi
You do not need to enter the engineers menu to adjust the things you mention, look in your manual it should tell you how to do it.

"geometry" For this you should look for tilt or rotation.

"auto screen select" For this you need to turn off auto format or aspect.

Nigel

Hi CTT
This model only has one scart socket that is RGB Enabled. Most likely, it is scart 1 that is RGB enabled. If you have a look on the back of your set, the RGB enabled scart will have a symbol next to it with 3 little dots.
Hope this helps
Vento

nig28 said:
Hi
You do not need to enter the engineers menu to adjust the things you mention, look in your manual it should tell you how to do it.

"geometry" For this you should look for tilt or rotation.

"auto screen select" For this you need to turn off auto format or aspect.

Nigel

Managed to sort out the format, but couldn't find anything in the manual about changing tilt or rotation.

Hi
Press menu > then toolbox >then setup menu >then manual setup >then picture rotation.
Then it can be adjusted from -5 to +5 and ok to store.

Nigel

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom