1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KV32LS60 format switching problem

Discussion in 'TVs' started by testcard, Aug 4, 2003.

1. testcard

testcard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My KV32LS60 was bought in February and has been fine until now. For some reason, however, when switching to a channel on the SKY platform that is definitely not widescreen/anamorphic, the set doesn't change to the SMART format, but stays on the WIDE setting. The problem is intermittent, sometimes format switching is as it should be. The set is connected to a SKY box, the signal quality is fine, and the menu is set to AUTO FORMAT. As I said, this has only just started - up to now the set has switched formats automatically as it should. Any thoughts? Thanks.

2. Pete

Pete
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Strangely enough, I got my new sony fs76 yesterday, and the same thing was happening. Its definitely set up properly and like you was only happening occasionally. I'm no expert, but could it possible be something to do with the sky signal?

3. testcard

testcard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Strangely, after I posted this thread, I came across someone else with a similar problem on one of the Digital Satellite forums. My problem only began last week after BBC had added the regional BBC stations to the SKY EPG. Could be connected? But I'm glad it's not just me.

4. Radiohead

Radiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +433
    This has to be Sky rather than TV's - too many are reporting this at exactly the same time....

5. testcard

testcard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Reporting in this forum...?

6. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. lentini

lentini

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +455
    I have the same problem occasionally which seems to be caused by the Sky signal. When it happens I just switch my box off and back on again and it's fine.

8. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I had this with a 32LS35 and a JVC S-VHS.The TV would hardly ever switch between 4:3 and 16:9.It kept switching to a 12:9 ratio,which can't even be selected.It drove me mad.So with that and other reasons,I got rid.

Philips TV's in my experience are the best for aspect ratio selection.

9. testcard

testcard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Squirrel God. Took your advice and the set now switches between WIDE and SMART as it should.