KV32FX68 - Which DVD Player?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by lilwashu, Jun 18, 2004.

1. lilwashu

lilwashu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I recently bought a Sony KV32FX68 TV and it is very nice, except my Pioneer 525 DVD player displays a horizontal flickering band on the screen during most bright scenes. This seems to be a known problem between some Pioneer players and this TV so I figured oh well, it's 4 years old anyway so I might as well get a new one.

Marantz DV4300 arrives and displays the same problem, albeit slightly less so. I have arranged for this to be returned. Like the 525 it works fine through S-Video. I tried my Xbox which plays with no flicker through RGB but is noisy and the picture is not great. I have tried swapping cables/sockets etc and my other sources are fine through RGB.

So I need a DVD player (under £250) that will work properly on a KV32FX68 TV when using RGB SCART. I am currently looking at the Sony 930 and 730 players - I assume these will work OK? Are there some newer Pioneers that work OK with this TV (I am thinking 565)?

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,045
    I have a Panasonic recorder which plays discs to a pretty high standard and works well with my Sony 32FX68 (RGB connection).
    Might be worth thinking about. Particularly as the Panasonic E55 can be had for £220 if you look around!