KV32FX68 "Smart" Mode

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by lilwashu, Aug 28, 2006.

1. lilwashu

lilwashu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I've had a Sony KV-32FX68 TV for a couple of years now and it has been pretty good overall. I have always been one for keeping aspect ratios correct so have always had 4:3 content displaying in the correct ratio with borders. I recently got a LCD TV which makes a pretty good job of stretching the pic to 16:9 in its "smart" mode so I had a go with it on the KV32FX68.

In Smart mode on this TV, for some reason it zooms slightly as well, missing bits off the top and bottom, which looks pretty poor on news channels etc. If anyone still has this telly, is this normal behaviour, and if so, can it be changed?

2. foglu

foglu
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Sony FX66 so it should be similar. Sony's "smart" mode does lop a bit off the top and bottom of the picture but it does give a better "fake" widescreen effect than most other makes. The picture can be moved up or down slightly by using the vertical arrow above the "OK" button on your remote control, which is useful for subtitles, etc.