Quantcast

KV32FX66 Saga

RichB14

Novice Member
Well after weeks of waiting it's finally been delivered (In the right time slot as well).
So first things, the box appears to have been re-taped so i open it to find that the tv it's self seams new. Turn it on for the first time and the initial set-up starts which is a good sign. Then as it's running through the set-up i decide to have a look in the manual.
This is were we start going down hill, the manual seems like it's a photo copy a bad one at that, all the diagrams are black not just slightly i mean solid black.
Next as the set-up continues it askes me for the language so i select english then it asks me for the country but the only english speaking country in the list is Ireland, which is making start to belive that this is not a UK model.
So finding this I check the Plug and what do i find, the plug is acctually a european 2 pin plug encased within a uk 3 pin adapter.
Ok so maybe they are all like this I think, so on my way back to work i stop in my local currys and check out one of there KV's, check the plug standard hardwired 3 pin Uk, so then i check the set-up select english but nothing comes up after that no country selection.

In anyone's experience would you say that this is an import ?

As for picture well thats less than perfect as well lots of bleed over and lots of slant on the left side.
Maybe i'm not looking at the set with an open mind at the moment because of everything else, plus my current cable's are crap.
Also yes it buzzes from the back but not to badly i can only hear it with the sound turned down.

RichB14

Novice Member
Just spoken to sony and they agree that the tv is an import !!!!
I feel sorry for the person i'm about to speak to at JL !!

M

mattheu

Sounds dodgy, what is the model no. in full? is it /u
Ring sony with the serial no, ask them where it was destined for, the plug and language this does seem odd .

M

mattheu

Hmmm, sorry about the redundant post,my screen wasn't showing any replies.
I would go ****ing mad with JL, in a rather 'controlled' manner and get somme compensation!

RichB14

Novice Member
Spoken to JL and all the girl could keep saying was "oh but we get then from a central warehouse" so somebody with a bit more grey matter is going to phone me back.
Carlos how do you find it otherwise i know you have some problems, what inputs have you tried ?
The picture is pretty good through sky as long as there is no text or the red active button is not displayed. I think it will require a bit more tweaking.

C

CarlosTheJackel

Hmm - mine was premier AV but aslong as the TV's fine and it has a warrenty I don't care where its from. Same plug as you BTW;)

C

CarlosTheJackel

Originally posted by TheBorg
Spoken to JL and all the girl could keep saying was "oh but we get then from a central warehouse" so somebody with a bit more grey matter is going to phone me back.
Carlos how do you find it otherwise i know you have some problems, what inputs have you tried ?
The picture is pretty good through sky as long as there is no text or the red active button is not displayed. I think it will require a bit more tweaking.
Sorry, havent really had a chance to test it yet - still got to assmeble the stand:eek: Its sitting on my old 28" stand at the moment. Ill set it up properly and let you know! I get the sky fine althoug I seem to get interferance on BBC24 but my SKY signal is near perfect. Could just be the footage.

RichB14

Novice Member
The main thing bothering me is the Plug and manual, as the plug is only two pin there is no earthing on the unit and the manual well it might as well be in Japanese as it's un-readable which is not helpfull

TommyP

Standard Member
*** :mad: unlucky.

I'm beginning to think that the 5yr warranty really isn't worth the hassle of buying from JL.

Borg m8, please keep the names of all the people you speak too so that when mine arrives and if it's an import, I can call the organ grinder and not the monkey straight away.

Keep us informed m8y.

TommyP

Standard Member
as i'm spitting bricks at the mo :mad:
That is completly understandable.

One thing if you want the manual is to contact the Sony Service Centre at Heathrow (0208 283 2700) and ask to buy a Manual for the TV. They cost a £5 but aren't in stock but the woman at the end of the phone offered to stick a photocopy in the post and then ring me when they came in stock. Should think a copy of the original will be much better than what you have so might help in the mean time while this is sorted.

Tom

ryanos

Novice Member
Mine is the same as yours not sure about the plug but do remember it being a bit dodgy looking ..........My manuals the same but like the guy earlier I got it from Premier AV on the cheap so mines more the likely an import but the set's great so i'm happy .....not what you expect from JL tho' oh yeah if you have not set the stand up beware of the trims on the front it tok me nearly 2hrs to get them straight!!;)

RichB14

Novice Member
Just spoken to Trading Standards and the plug is completly legal and safe as it's properly converted, but the manual is not ok as it makes the product unfit for sale because you can't set it up.
So i will calling JL again as they haven't phoned me back yet.

Tom, Cheers I will see what JL have to say first though.

Ryanos, My stand is going straight in the loft mate as we have a Huge pine Cabinet to put it on.

C

CarlosTheJackel

Hi TheBorg. I have checked the sockets and it all appears to be OK. The buzzing is now annoying me a bit more
:rolleyes: I have checked my old KV28WS2U and there is not a sound while running. In comparason I can hear the FX66 over low-mid volume.

RichB14

Novice Member
Ok, just spoken to JL they phoned just as I was about call them, they took all the details about what i was unhappy about and they are going to look into getting a UK model. So it would seem all is not lost yet.

RichB14

Novice Member
To be Honest I don't know apart from what i've said previously it just bugs me that not once did JL say that it would be. If they had I would still have got it probably.

C

CarlosTheJackel

I know what you mean, when I saw the manual and plug I thought WTF! But after some of the probs other people have with Scrolling bars and the such on various TV's if mine give a good pic im happy;)

RichB14

Novice Member
The guy from JL just called again they are ordering me a new one but he's not sure when it will come but i'm keeping the euro one till they get it so it looks like i might be ok after all :)

TommyP

Standard Member
The guy from JL just called again they are ordering me a new one but he's not sure when it will come but i'm keeping the euro one till they get it so it looks like i might be ok after all :)
Phew - lets just hope they deliver the correct one when mine comes in.

Fingers crossed.

btw put a mark on the base of the TV somewhere as It'll be funny if the one they give me is the same as the one you got :p

G

G.M

I've always been curious to find out what retailers/manufacturers
do with returned electrical equipment?
Do they repackage it and sell it to someone else,strip the unit for parts,sell it as ex display,anyone got any ideas?
regards,
G.M.
P.S. I've got an fx66 ordered as well.

RichB14

Novice Member
Well,
After drilling hole's in my pine cabinet for all the new cable's that will soon be around, and then rearranging Sky,vcr and denon system and calling on next door for a lift (Damn that tv's heavy).
First impressions have faded from this afternoon gladly, seconds are much better.
After connecting everything properly and buying a cambridge rgb scart from richer's the picture quality is so much better no colour smearing at all. The only slight fault that still remains is the slight downwards tilt in the two top corners, i think i only saw them because i was looking out for them as everyone else that has seen it couldn't.
Running the ps2 through the composite ports in the side of the box, its a revalation compared to my old TV, it give games a new lease of life.
If only my DVD player wasn't all wrapped up, can't wait so see it !!!!
:D

C

CarlosTheJackel

LOL I made my stand up last thing yesterday and though I would try to put the TV on it myself:eek: Not lilkey, all I can say is im glad my floor is concrete!

TommyP

Standard Member
Monday 16th my (hopefully) little bundle of joy should arrive :D

T Minus 9 days and counting.

The woman i spoke too was quite shocked at the amount of money i had knocked off, it was funny.

Sony KV32FX66 + Sony NS405 = £983 (inc Delivery) ;)