1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KV32FX66 from John Lewis

Discussion in 'TVs' started by MadAxeMan, Jan 2, 2003.

1. MadAxeMan

MadAxeMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, got my local JL to price match the FX66 to £899.

One question that remians that I forgot to ask is what stand it comes with. They are ordering one in for me to go look at/pick up as they are out of stock.

DO JL do the open stand or the closed one? I want the open and am wondering if I need to contact them.

Anyone know?

2. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I believe you can specify I didn't buy from JL but every place i spoke to gave me the option when i bought mine.... i opted for the open one. Give JL a call as they will probably provide the glass fornted one as standard

3. Carl G

Carl G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Who did you manage to get them to price match with? As I am just about to try it myself at the Cheadle branch of JL. I saw that the 32FX66 was £1299 in JL today, but have been offered a price of £881 at http://www.soundandvision.uk.com/ (not in stock for a few weeks though)

Cheers

4. MadAxeMan

MadAxeMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As other people on the forum - I got them to price match with Premier AV Centre in Brum.

From what everyone else says, I should get a 5 year guarantee and as my last widescreen (Sharp) lasted about 18 months before it blew up (literally) I'm not gonna get bitten without a warranty again.

I think I'll give them a bell tomorrow to confirm the open case. I have seen the closed one and it looks really good - if we were in the still in the 50s.

5. Carl G

Carl G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers,
    I was in John Lewis yesterday and they were advertising and displaying the open stand model whcih looks really impressive.
    I am going back in later to buy mine.
    In theory, I would only need them to price match to your John Lewis store since they should now be offering it at your price, but I've got a decent offer off Premier AV anyway.

Which JL did you go to?

Also, did you take any evidence of the premier av offer, or did you just tell JL of premier's price and they matched it without question?

Thanks again

6. MadAxeMan

MadAxeMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It was the Cribbs Causeway store.
    I phoned them and gave them Premier's details.
    I guess they phoned Premier and checked their stock.

7. paulsheerin

paulsheerin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got mine from JL Sheffield - didnt specify which stand I wanted but it came with the open stand as the one on display in-store had.

Got mine for £889 price matched with Krishav. Dont forget to mention the £150 off a Sony DVD player too - I got the DVPNS405 for £19 which they sell for £169 normally.

I remembered someone mentioning the £150 off in another thread after I got back from the store, so called JL the day after, they called me later that same day to confirm the offer was valid.

8. TommyP

TommyP
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    JL Kingston provided me with an open style stand.

And very nice it is too.

One bit of advice when you assemble it DON'T use an electric screwdriver on the front plastic bits, cos the connectors are very week and they snap.

9. MadAxeMan

MadAxeMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wasn't that only up to the 24th of December?

If not I'll definitely go for a DVD player as well. Was hanging on for a recordable and using the PS2, but for £19 you can't go wrong.

Anyone confirm???

10. TommyP

TommyP
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Offer in Kingston was only till Xmas. Soz :(

11. paulsheerin

paulsheerin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It could have been just up to xmas I dunno - There was no advertisement of any such offer in-store at all as I remember.

I bought the TV on the 23rd and rang them up about the DVD offer on the 24th Dec so maybe I just got it in time?

Maybe worth a try anyway - only costs a phone call. Actually when I called JL Sheffield first off no-one knew anything about it, they took my number & said they would call back.

The Call came 1 hour later to ask where I heard about the offer cos they still didnt know - I said it was a pal of mine who had got it from the Oxford st store (aka this forum).

Again they said they would call me back..... another 1 & 1/2 hours later they did - to confirm I could have it.

12. MadAxeMan

MadAxeMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers guys. I will search for the original thread and give them a call.