1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KV32FX66 Curve

Discussion in 'TVs' started by RichB14, Oct 29, 2003.

1. RichB14

RichB14

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Had my set for almost a year now and the picture has started to get worse in the respect that it is starting to bow up in the center and down at the sides.
    The size of the bowing is probably in the region of 5-7mm from the edge to the center and is generally worse on RF feeds or Sky and less so from DVD.
    Does anyone know what Sony judge to be acceptable bowing or is there a way of correcting this via service menu.
    The set was puchased from JL so it has a 5 year guarantee but i know thier "engineers" don't always know much about these things.

2. RichB14

RichB14

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Just contacted JL and they are sending an engineer round on saturday to have a look, if he can't fix it should i be asking for a replacement TV ?

3. RichB14

RichB14

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Well the guys came from R&B electronics and couldn't fix it, well didn't even try. They reckoned it's the tube or scan coils thats gone so no TV for a fortnight at least, just hope it comes back working.