1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kv32FQ86 - motion blur through sky

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by mattz, Jul 3, 2004.

1. mattz

mattz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

Just bought a KV32FQ86 and have noticed quite bad motion blur on the football and tennis when I watch these through SKY.
    I have set the picture mode to Personal and made the sharpness at min but it is still fairly noticeable. I have tried both 100hz settings and these do not improve the picture.

I spoke to the Sony service centre who said this is a "feature" of 100hz Tv's, and that I couldn’t do anything about it, and I am one of those people who don’t like 100Hz !!!....also spoke to Sky who suggested turning off the 100Hz modes. Is this possible on the FQ86 ?

I have gone into the Service Menu, but cant see any similar options to the FX66, FQ70 menus, for the VCRPRESCM setting.

Please help otherwise I will be returning the set and going back to my 50Hz TV.

Many Thanks

2. Saintsman

Saintsman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Motion blur is a complaint of 100Hz televisions, but not so much on newer models as the technology inside the sets have improved no end.

Looking at a different thread, if you can stump up another £200 then I would recommend a Sony KD-32DX200U instead of the FQ86, but make sure the 200 has all the spec you require.

On your FQ86, are you happy with the colour cast of the picture? The ones I have seen out of the box have had a noticeable colour tint on the picture of either blue or green? I believe this tint is correctable in the service menus, but surely it isn't too much to ask that a new television out of the box, can at least give pictures looking the correct colour!!