1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KV32FQ75 Problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by loudhouse, Mar 13, 2002.

1. loudhouse

loudhouse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have just come accross this forum and did not know that the Sony KV32FQ75 had so many problems.
    I have just got mine 1 month ago and I am having a problem with Text scrolling accross the screen whch can not be read as it flickers so much. Also I have found that the TV picture on SKY through this TV is not that good as it looks to much like a computer with a low end video card. (lots of digital blocks round moving people or objects.)
    I saw this TV in the shop and the picture was one of the best I have ever seen on a CRT TV.
    Mine does not look anything like that.
    Even my DVD looked better on my £600 Toshiba TV.

Sony told me to try the Contrast, but that did not work.
    I replied to them to tell them, but have not heard anything since.

Please let me know if anyone else has this problem.

Loudhouse!

2. baldy2

baldy2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's a side effect of DRC-MF on these sets. You'll notice the flickering with action sports as well. The DRC components aren't fast enough in these cases. If it really bothers you try the 50 Hz DRC or 'normal' 100 Hz (which seems to turn off the DRC circuit).

Ron

3. loudhouse

loudhouse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have tried changing all of the settings on the KV32FQ75, but there is no change. When text scrolls accross the screen it flickers so bad that you can not read it on all of the settings.
    Also I have noticed that when any lines like a grid on the tv move they flicker lots as well.

I have seen the TV in the shop and it does not have this problem.

Loudhouse

4. baldy2

baldy2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If it doesn't help to change modes I'd say it sounds like a real problem. :(

Just sent Sony another message or try it through the shop were you bought your set.

Ron

5. loudhouse

loudhouse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have sent Sony another email about 2 weeks ago and heard nothing. I have aslo sent an email 3 days ago to Techtronics.com where I got it, but have had no reply yet.

Techtronics and Sony are not very quick at sorting anything out.

Loudhouse

6. loudhouse

loudhouse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Can someone tell me if they have the same problem as me or if anyone's TV does not flicker on this?

On E4 in the evening watch the end of Graham Norton and down the bottom of the screen you will see text scrolling accross from right to left as the program goes off. I can not read a word of it as it flickers a lot.

Someone please let me know how you get on as I would like to know if all KV32FQ75 TV's do this and it's not just mine.

Loudhouse