1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KV32FQ75 - can any recommend it?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by CarlosTheJackel, Dec 1, 2002.

1. CarlosTheJackel

CarlosTheJackel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My local comet is selling new FQ75's for £900 to clear them out. I was planning a 36" but may opt for a 32" for now and replace it with a plasma in a year or so. It is only a good deal if I am unlikely to get any major problems like the Scrolling Bars etc. I have read the threads relating to this and other problems but I can't tell if this is a small or a large problem. I was planning a FS76 or even a FX66 but these appear to sometime have the SB's too!:rolleyes:

2. mh66639

mh66639
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just FYI, my two FS76s didn't have any scrolling bars and niether have any other users as far as I'm aware.

Got another coming in a couple of days!

I may suggest going with the 100Hz FX66 but I've not read peoples opinions. I loved the FQ75 but this problem was annoying - if your planning on upgrading anyway - best not to spend 1000gbp on a faulty FQ75 but spend cheaper on FX66 or similar that may not have any problems.

Matt.

3. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My FQ75 had scrolling bars, out of focus left side and a ficker in the picture, almost like the picture was trying to squeeze towards the middel of the screen. Glad to get rid of mine.

4. CarlosTheJackel

CarlosTheJackel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mh66639 Why have you had 2 FS76's? As I have been looking at this TV as one of my options along with the FS75 & FX66. Can the FX66 have as good as picture as the FQ75 without DRC? All opinions welcome
    ;)

5. Yummy Fur

Yummy Fur

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had my FQ75 for awhile now. Although, I can locate the SB's on certain dark scenes if I really look for them, I've no compliants (so far) about my set. However I think the severity of the problem varies from one particular set to another.... If you can be certain that you can live with any shortcoming of the individual set you get then I'd reccomend it.

The suggestion of buying a cheaper set if you're upgrading makes sense though...

Yummy Fur

6. CarlosTheJackel

CarlosTheJackel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I probably would have ordered the FX66 today if I hadn't seen a FQ75 for the same price. Then again 3 days ago I would have ordered a FS76 - indecisive me - who knows?:)

7. mh66639

mh66639
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    CarlosTheJackel,

Had two FS76's because first one the convergence was out slightly; second buzzed.

I should have kept the first and adjusted the service menu; but originally Unbeatable either wanted to take away for 1/2 months or replace so I had it replaced. In the end got a refund.

Matt.