1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kv32cs70b

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by fishfash, Aug 7, 2005.

1. fishfash

fishfash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Hi Everyone,

I recently purhased the sony kv-32cs70b model tv and i think it's a great tv.

I do have 2 problems with the tv and would like some help /advice if possible please.

I have noticed a slight yellow dis - colour at the edge on the left hand side of the screen it's approx 1 inch across the screen and 4 - 5 inches down. It's only noticable when when there is a white background behind it, normally when connecetd to a ps2 or xbox i can see it better. It's also noticable when watching freeview via the RF connection, so the dis - colour is definitely in the tv and not related to scart output.

The other problem i have is when reading text, for example when pressing the ok button on my telewest remote i get the quick tv guide, the text on the right hand side of the screen is slighlty blurred compared to the left hand side.

I just wandered if anybody else had encountered these problems or is there an option in the service menu to fix this.

I have had the TV for about 4 days and the dealer has advised me that i need to have the TV switched off from the plug for approx 24 hours for the TV to settle down before the yellow dis colour will go away, they also mentioned that if that does not work they may need to send someone out to use a special magnet to get rid of that dis colour. I haven't mentioned the text problem yet to them though.

So if anyone could please give me some advise, or is it something i have to live with.

Many Thanks in advance. :)

2. fishfash

fishfash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Hi Guys,

Please could somebody reply, sorry for the bump up.

Many Thanks.