1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KV32CS70 Service Default Settings

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by kingfish, Dec 18, 2004.

1. kingfish

kingfish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Ok, I realise I'm a newbie and have made a big mistake :oops: so please forgive me in the first instance.

I wasn't happy with the picture with my new KV32CS70, I'm experiencing a slight out of focus type problem with my set on RGB signals, dvd, sky etc. On reading that the set was essentially the FX68 I followed the posted service settings for that set, only to find that it's not quite the same at all! Yes I was silly for not writing down the values. I know :nono: but all I need is the default settings if somebody can send them to me or post it, as I don't believe there's a way to return to the factory settings?

Please, take pity on my uselessness.

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    The settings are set specific. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, there isn't an easy way out of this as far as i know.

3. kingfish

kingfish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks Lynx, the picture isn't that bad to be honest, seems to be quite straight, no pin cushioning really, I'm just a perfectionist! If anybody wants to send me their default setting so atleast I'd be a bit closer.

I always seemed to get a slight ghosting, and the xbox it would manifest itself as a colour outline on the right side of objects on the screen. I thought it could be a RGB colour inbalance but that didn't seem to make a difference. I've got the settings for those though, I just got a bit adventurous and waded in too deep.

4. DJ Mike

DJ Mike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    What settings are you after in particular? As already mentioned every set has its own "natural" defaults - but at the very least I can provide you with some figures to work from, and maybe that'll solve your problem.

I myself have been messing with my set's geometry - I've managed to get it to the point where all input sources are fairly well balanced - unfortunately if you have multiple picture sources as I do (games consoles, DVD, etc.) then you can never have a perfect setting that is going to work for all consoles - so you have to find a balance.

Unfortunately my Xbox is still suffering from a flickering issue - I'm wondering whether to bite the bullet and purchase an official Microsoft RGB SCART lead and use that instead of the third party one I have, but I have a feeling that isn't going to solve anything.

M;.

5. kingfish

kingfish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Actually that would be quite nice to have a nice balanced one even if each set is individual. I don't really get a flicker issue with the xbox but there is a clear left to right ghosting shadow visible.

Could you send me yours? I know it's a bit to ask but I'm sure I could return the favour some day. :clap: