1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KV32-FX65 owners plz help!!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by chrbjo, Apr 10, 2002.

1. chrbjo

chrbjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently bought a Sony Kv32-fx65 and I have 2 problems. The first is how to remove the autoformat. Is it possible to completely remove it? If so, please explain how.
    The second and most irritating problem is however when watching hockey or some films when the camera sweeps horizontally. The picture looks as if it is made of 5cm high blocks which are not in sync. I have only seen this in a hockey game or some DivX-films played on my PC which is connected to the TV with a composite cable. The picture is completely in sync on my PC and the problem only occurs on certain films. Is there a way to remove or minimize this problem?

2. chrbjo

chrbjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK. The blockiness I can deal with but the autoformat is still a problem. Hints, anyone????

3. Darth Vader

Darth Vader
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi chrbjo

I own a KV32FX60 and I used to suffer from autoformat problems.

I improved the situation by doing the following:

1) Go to the 'Features' menu (third tab down with the three stars on it) High light 'Autoformat' and switch 'Format correction' to OFF.

2) Then go to the 'Set up' menu (forth tab down with the briefcase on it) and select 'AV Preset' then press left on the joystick to enter. Then turn all the 'Auto 16:9' options on all the AV inputs to OFF.

This seems to have more or less sorted the problem out, it still gets confused sometimes when changing channels, but it does not switch formats at random in the middle of a program or film anymore.

I know my set is a different model to yours, but I think your set is virtually the same, so I sugest you give it a try.

Hope this is of some help.

Good luck.