1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kv28ls35

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Jimmi, Apr 30, 2003.

1. Jimmi

Jimmi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Could someone be kind enough to answer these questions please.

1) Does this set contain a tilt rotation option to correct horizontal screen tilt ?.

2) As someone who owns a fair share on non-anamorphic foreign dvds where the subtitles can fall below the 16:9 frame, does this set give you the option of adjusting the vertical placement of the image and increasing or decreasing the overall size of the image so that the subtitles can be made visible within the 16:9 frame ?.
    If such options exists, they will be located when the set is switched to 16:9 letterbox/zoom mode.

3) Are there any geometry issues to speak of, or warping of the image when contrast/brightness is strong ?.

4) Does it handle NTSC well.

5) Whats the overall opinion of the set ?, anything (niggles, issues) I should be aware of ?.

2. lentini

lentini

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +455
    yes

The picture can be shifted horizontally when it's in Zoom mode, so to answer your question, yes.

Most CRT's have some geometry problems and very few are perfect. My Sony LS60 has a slight bend at the bottom of the screen, hardly noticable unless you're looking for it. The 'warping' you speak of happens on every CRT tube.

yes

My mate who owns one of these loves it and has no problems with his at all.

Hope this helped...

3. Jimmi

Jimmi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Thanks for the help.
    Just be reading about the Sony 'buzz' issue - Is that something this set seems to suffer from ?.

4. lentini

lentini

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +455
    Some sets buzz louder than others. My LS60 buzzes for a couple of minutes and then stops but you can hear it if you put your ear against the side of the set (but who watches TV like that?! :D ).

My mates LS35 doesn't buzz at all, again very slightly if you put your ear against the set.