1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KV28LS35 v KV28LS60TNS

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by mikejb, Sep 23, 2002.

1. mikejb

mikejb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :confused: I am hoping to purchase either the KV28LS 35 or the KV28LS60NTS. I know that the KV28ls35 is a 50 Hz and the KVls60 is a 100 but which is the better set? Is it worth paying the extra £100 or so for the LS60 or is the KV28LS35 the better model.
    I have heard that the 100hz sets are not very good when live sport something about shadows can anyone please help.....

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Squirel God will have lots of info for you on this I'm sure, but basically as the LS60 is a pure 100Hz TV with no extra processing you will not suffer any dodgy artefacts... just the problem of vertical scrolling being a bit jerky. It seems like a fine set for the price and is definately worth buying compared to the 50Hz model which will have noticeable flicker.

3. mikejb

mikejb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ;) Thanks for that It is a total minefield just trying to decide which is better

4. rupbert

rupbert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    The LS35 is the poorer of the two TV's, not just because it only has 50hz...

The RGB feeds are supposed to be quite 'washed out', and the image can at times be overly soft.

Its definately worth paying the extra money for the LS60, there is actually a review in this months edition of Home Cinema Choice, where it got 4 out of 5 stars...

If I remember the review, I think their main gripe was that analogue pictures struggled to produce pure blacks; but who watches analogue sources?!?

RGB DVD playback was described as 'flawless', nuff said.

And I don't think I have seen one post of this forum even suggesting that the LS60 has an annoying problem :D

I have read many, many reviews of 28" flatscreens (as I am due to purchase one) and only the Toshiba ZD26 100hz has produced excellent pictures. The vast majority of 28" Tv's use 50hz as artifacts are hard to see on such a 'small' screen.

However like other people, I find the 100hz image to be much easier on the eye, and the LS60 is the one I am buying :D

5. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am loving owning the LS35 and I've noticed none of the problems mentioned above, RGB picture from DVD is nothing short of stunning!

6. JohnTres

JohnTres
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Beware the LS60 if you have a Pioneer DVD player (see recent thread).

John

7. rupbert

rupbert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hey James, I believe some of the problems I mentioned did not occur on all of the LS35 sets...

I did not mean to suggest that the LS35 was a bad television, its good but not great.

8. Andrew McP

Andrew McP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm nearly a week into my 28LS35 ownership and the only problem I have is the set's a bit of a whistler (worse in the "smart" full screen mode for some reason). Still trying to work out whether it's me being over-sensitive (my high pitch hearing's still pretty good "unfortunately") or whether it really is outside normal limits.

There are times when I look at the picture (my first exposure to a "big" TV for any length of time) and wonder if it's a bit flickery, but without seeing a 100Hz set side by side I couldn't tell you whether it would be worth paying the extra cash. Certainly I've no complaints about RGB DVD playback... The Blue Planet, for example, is breathtaking.

Anyway, my decision was helped by trying hard to stay close to £500... and the fact I narrowly talked myself out of a Bush 28" from Asda for £250 inc. 3 year guarantee! Not a very inspiring set though :)

Good luck making your choice.

9. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    think it may just be your hearing as mine appears almost completely silent, some people do have much better high-range hearing than others. My only complaint with the set so far is that it has shown just how crap our analogue reception is, but you can't blame it for that.
    I'm off to buy a signal booster tonight failing that it's a digi box.

10. rupbert

rupbert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Good point James, one that was brought up in the review of the LS35...

The very good RGB DVD/Digital feed that is produced on this set, really shows how poor an analogue feed can be, as well as highlighting the 'dullness' of older recorded programs...