1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KV28FQ70 picture or my video?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Mintflavour, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Mintflavour

Mintflavour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just recieved a new KV28FQ70. But I am having trouble to conclude whether Im disappointed with picture or it just my other equipment.

I am currently running it of my terrestial ariel (as I will be getting sky installed later this month) and to be honest my ariel has never given a fantastic picture, so that does not help me to see the possible true potential, as it is grainy. I have also noticed that fast credits that run horizantally turn into a blur/shadowing effect, this never happened on my previous tele so is this what happens when you get a crap reception on a 100Hz tv?

So I have played a couple of videos, I have a normal scart cable going from Video to AV3. I notice that you almost get a Queen boheemiam rhapsidy (excuse spelling) effect when you have a fast moving object on a darkish back ground. And again blue skys look grainy. On my old tele (a normal run in the mill 50hz 8 year old square tele) the picture used to be fine. Is these problem due to poor video player/cable qualities and the fact the new bigger tele makes all these impurities so obvious? Or should I be concerned about the tv it self.

please help me with any advice or infomation.

Thanks

Mint

2. bazzae123

bazzae123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the world of progress.
    I was really disappointed when I got my first 100Hz set three years ago. If you have a look around this forum your find your not the only one who is disappointed with their new sets. Try and get a decent area fitted and your also see a difference when you have Sky installed but as for the blurry text across the screen this can be the side effect of the 100Hz processing and some TVs are better than others at handling it. 100Hz sets have a tendency to show up really poor signal were as before you didn't really notice them, the 100Hz seems to amplify the problem, and also your looking at the picture in more detail than before because the set is new and your expecting great things, as you should. If I was you I would have got the other bits first and then the TV. That way if you not satisfied with the end result you could send it back straight away. If you have to wait for other equipment to arrive then obviously there's some time delay and the shop may not be to helpful in playing ball.

Good luck M8

3. Mintflavour

Mintflavour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now got sky installed.
    The picture is good, Got the common red bleed though. No buzzzzzz that others talk about, but instead, a great big clunk when you turn the TV on.... is that normal?

The only problem is on fast moving objects on some sporting clips with lots of movement on the screen there seems to some blocky blurring around the movement, Is this the tele or signal?
    Any further suggestions welcome as Im new to this stuff

Cheers

mint

4. PaulJ

PaulJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mintflavour

The noise when you switch the tv on, is the tv degaussing itself.

Paulj

:p