Kv-36nx200

J

jkuy9

Hi,

Is the KD-36NX200 worth the money (£2000 I can get it for).

I want a TV with a nice picture so I picked this TV over any other. I was looking at a Toshiba 36ZT29 and the KV-36FS76.

I want decent sound so I original went for the Toshiba as it has 5.1 built into it.

The TV will be for watch Digital TV, DVDs and playing console games (Xbox) on. I want a future proof TV (if it is possible anymore?!).

The thing that puts me off getting the NX200 is I feel I will be paying for features i will not use, like the Memory Stick port etc.

I don't want to spend more than £2000 on the TV (less if possible).

The prices I have seen the TVs above are as follows:

KD-35NX200: £2000
KV-36FS76: £1600
36ZT29: £1638

The Toshiba, from what I have read, has excellent sound and picture. However it isn't really true 5.1 as the front 3 speakers are built into the TV meaning there are only 2 satellite speakers, and there is no sub. So it is kind of a 5.0 (with only 2 satellites) system. However I have read that the sound on the Toshiba is excellent.

I am really confused about this and getting a little upset with all the hassle. One place says one thing and another says something else.

Would someone please be able to help me with this so I can get a TV which is right for me?

It would be helpful if we can chat via email or MSN Messenger, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Go to your local TV electrical store and you will see the Sony is the best in most deparments

that's what I did and it is in my eyes and leaves the 36ZT29 & 36ZP18Q behind

and you can get it for a lot less than £2000 now, seen it for less than £1800

or get the FS76 for £1800 at comet stores including DVD & VIDEO or £1400ish seperate

that's my opinion, hope it helps

The Sony KV36FS76S is only £1499 at http://www.empiredirect.co.uk. I'm currently looking at getting a 36 inch TV and was considering the Sony or the Panasonic TX36PB50. Both are similar prices and the Panasonic was recently given the best buy award by what tv and video I think. However, my amp, DVD player and speakers are all Sony and I like their kit so I'm still undecided

I had decided on the Tosh 36ZP18 as at £1300 delivered and installed it seems a good buy. Now am thinking again.

Certainly have a look at the TV's together if you can. But remember that most Comets etc don't really set the TVs up very well. I went up to Oxford St and had a look there. In general the TVs were much better set up and the 36" TVs were together so you could really compare. I couldn't see much (if any) difference between the Sony and the Tosh (ZP18 and ZT29) from sensible viewing distances when they were next to each other. Didn't really like the Philips much, and the Panasonic seemed muddy.

I am wondering if the extra cost of the Sony is worth the toys (pip etc) you get. As a good digital set top box is only £100, and the TV will display that as well as an internal Digital tuner, I think that a standard set and a set top digital is the way to go for now. After all, you can cheaply update a digital set top box as they get better, but the telly is a lot more expensive.

did a quick price check on pricerunner and
nx200 £1564
FS76 £1439

so prices are falling

Seperate STB - I think the Sony tuners are better than the STBs

I have three tuners and the TV tuner is best for picture !

Alim,

yes you're right I clicked on the wrong TV from the search. The 36nx200 is £1798 on pricerunner.

Great price if it includes stand and you can trust the company selling it to provide proper after sales service.

Alim

both QED and Unbeatable are advertising at that price

MartinImber

STB or internal tuner. Interesting point you made. I have seen STB pictures and the quality appeared pretty good. Is the internal one 3x better than the STB? In what way does the quality fall short with your STB? It just seems a pretty cheap way of getting Digital without upgrade problems and without either pushing the telly price too high or compromising the TV features just for Digital.

unbeatable have both the Sony NX200 & FS76 out of stock :( until Mid/End January

rang them yesterday about them both as the site says available in 7-14 days for FS76

arrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

dunno bowt QED tho

The main reason I was prepared to pay extra for internal tuner was lack of space for external tuner on the stand. It also means one less remote.

QED out of stock also!

I'm gonna wait anyway now cos when the NX200 becomes more widely available when its back in stock, the price of the FS76 will drop again a little more

Comet are shifting the FS76 with DVD & VCR for £1799 instore at the moment. £1799 just for TV on their website!!!

So I'll guess I'll just make do with my 20" LG for now :D

Well the Sony tuner seems to handle mosquito noise better, also it is just so nicely integrated.

Picture is just better via the IDTV

Seems I am every thread tongiht. There is one think I considered when buying my fs76 against the 200. That was the fact that the more things that seem to go into a set, the more can go wrong. From past experience, I did not fancy the thought of having the set messed about with should something go wrong with the decoder. It is far easier to get another box cheap if you see what I mean. Anyone else think this is a valid point? I take on board the space and remote aspect however.

thats my thoughts also

get a TV with a great pic, get a good digibox, get a good sound system

ok it may cost a little more but if something breaks then its easier to replace

why pay basically extra £400 for a NX200 that loses some of the features of the FS76 (mostly split screen for me) and only really gains DRC1250 (that doesn't work in 100Hz may I add, please correct me if I'm wrong) and memory slot!??!???!

and u cant really upgrade digitv either]

I will buy a digitv when it comes nearer to the day they switch analogue off, cos I know there will be a lot more better choices by then

Yes - valid point about something else to go wrong. But the sets are complicated enough anyway. I would argue that you buy from JL and get the free 5 years warranty. If they mess up your tv while fixing it then they will sort it out for you.

If it goes wrong after 5 years then you should have big a smile on your face because the wife can't object to an upgrade to a LCD.

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!
Why why why has the Sony36FX200 got 4 scarts, only 1 of which is RGB ??? This is a £1800 TV !!! Like most people going for 36" I've got a Sky box and a DVD player.
Come on Sony !
PS My Tosh 36ZD26 still hasn't been picked up by Tosh. Looks like I'm stuck with it until new year.:(

Not so sure about the theory of more bit in, more bits to go wrong when you are talking about relatively simple decoder. But upgradablility and greater choice were my thoughts for STB. At approx £100 for a STB, you can change your mind 3x before you have paid the same as the additional internal decoder.

No such model as the Sony36FX200. The 36FS76 has 4 SCARTS of which 2 are RGB. The 36NX200 has 3 scarts of which 2 are RGB.

Finally decided to get the SonyKD36NX200 Pkg with NS405 DVD,
against Toshiba. Got put off the Tosh36 after reading the
problems. Went for simplicity, all in one,digital, instead of lots of bits and the hazzle to arrange them properly, and hopefully quality too. Waiting for it to be deliver today, Xmas present for the family.
Hope I made the right decision!

Originally posted by joshho
Finally decided to get the SonyKD36NX200 Pkg with NS405 DVD,
against Toshiba. Got put off the Tosh36 after reading the
problems. Went for simplicity, all in one,digital, instead of lots of bits and the hazzle to arrange them properly, and hopefully quality too. Waiting for it to be deliver today, Xmas present for the family.
Hope I made the right decision!

Xmas present for family?!?!??!

sounds more like that Argos ad with Julie Sawalha and Richard Grant where he buys that car for himself :D

Well I still prefer the conveniance and quality of an IDTV:)

Joshho - You won't regret it. I've had mine for a week now and no complaints at all.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom